Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance 1172 plug wiring access

Geterdone
Explorer
Explorer
I want to install a new Lance plug onto my 2013 1172 TC. Is there any info on:
1. how to access the wiring source in my TC
2. how to run power from the battery etc to the receptacle, or where to splice receptacle to existing wires. (Ram 3500 dually, 2014)

thanks,
Geterdone
Steve and Patti, 2014 Ram Duelly, Longhorn Laramie, Lance 1172 solar,Genset, torklift super hitch, and tiedowns, Bodiak front hitch,Polar Kraft boat when trailered.
2 REPLIES 2

Mike_Tassinari
Explorer
Explorer
Morning Everyone.

I have replaced a couple of "Camper Side" pigtails for Lance 1172s.

Inside the R/V, you need to remove the carpeted step that you stand on to climb into the cab/over. You do that by finding the screws hiding in the carpet. Once you find all the screws (5 I think) - voilà the plywood step can be removed.

To the left of that step, is a smaller carpeted piece of plywood. One time I had to remove it - one time I did not. Same procedure look for the screw heads in the carpet.

Lance makes it very miserable to change out that Camper Side pigtail. To the left of that black Atwood Board is a couple of cut/outs in that piece of wood that supports the Atwood board, where wires are coming thru. Once you wade thru the rat nest of wired, you should be able to identify the black & white 8 ga charge wires that come from the T/C pig tale.

I found by removing the screws that hold that plywood with the atwood board and the mess of ground wires and the 2 grounding bars, you could slightly slide or lift that plywood to the right and access the lance pigtail

Good luck
Mike Tassinari
P/S - I need a bit more specifics before I cam answer your second question.
p/m me and we can exchange phone numbers and chat. Mikeee
2002 Ford-4x4-Extended Cab-Dually-Lariet-Powerstroke Diesel--4.10 gears--Ranchero Adjustable Shocks-55 Gallon Extended Fuel Tank--4 Extra Main Leaf Springs-1 Extra Helper Spring..Independant Second Altinator(100AMP)to Charge MY Twin 275 AH. Deep Cycle Battery Bank tucked under the truck bed....

2001 Lance-11&1/2 Ft.-Model 1121/slide/out with all the Toys&2000 Watt Inverter

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Run an 8 gauge wire from the + battery post battery through a 40 amp relay to the Lance Bed Plug for charging , don't splice into the undersized wires of the trucks wiring harness.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags