cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keeping part of the wet bath DRY when using the shower.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I've been using this technique to keep the toilet dry since about the third trip in my Arctic Fox 811, which dates back to mid 2010.

Video - keeping the wet bath partially dry.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator
8 REPLIES 8

blindeyes
Explorer
Explorer
Also use microfiber chamois to wipe everything after a bath but I do hate it when the bowl is wet and need to wipe it. I feel like it is so dirty even though there are no stains so I would love to find a cover for that.

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
I've been using this technique to keep the toilet dry since about the third trip in my Arctic Fox 811, which dates back to mid 2010.

Video - keeping the wet bath partially dry.

We have always done same except we use quick dry shower curtain. We also put teak rack on floor AFTER shower so you have a dry surface to step on in stocking feet (DW).
Nice video-looks like good riding.
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have never had any issues with using my wet bath. The cover on the toilet keeps the seat dry. I certainly have not used a towel to dry the walls of the shower. I have a squeegee. It takes less than a minute to wipe away most of the moisture. The remaining water will dry quickly.

I typically take Navy style showers to conserve water. I wet down, soap up and rinse off. The whole shower takes less than a gallon and the vast majority of that runs off me and down the floor drain.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
But you can't sh_t, shower and shave at the same time if you take the chitter out of the equation!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

bwlyon
Explorer
Explorer
That is a good technique, and it is an interesting feeling when you sit on a wet toilet seat to take care of business! When we were looking for a camper I initially thought Iโ€™d prefer a dry bath, but after purchasing a camper with a wet bath we like it because you can perch a foot on the toilet to wash or shave your legs. If we had to do it again weโ€™d go with another wet bath!

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
We have the same floorplan(if you will) for the shower..I have done it your way before but the wife likes to sit on the toilet(closed) while she showers for her,below the knee's long hair, and to shave her legs.

A wet toilet don't bother me..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use a synthetic chamois, like the "Absorber", to dry everything after a shower. Our shower has smooth, mostly seamless fiberglass walls, so it takes less than a minute to completely dry. There are some camper bathrooms with a lot of sectioned walls, seams, and crevices which are much more difficult to dry manually. The OP's idea might be a real time-saver for these folks.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
At first I had no desire to have a camper with a wet bath.

It didn't take long to realize that it only takes a couple of seconds to wipe everything down with a towel after taking a shower.

It ended up being no big deal for me.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.