cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined the DRW Club

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well took the leap today and joined the DRW club.
Our old 2001 Ram 2500 with 313,000 miles was doing the job, but DW didn't like driving the 5 speed manual, and I had started to dislike the half doors in the back and the small rear seating space.
That and the pathetic 8,800# GVWR put us about 1,700# over GVWR when towing out 5er. It did a great job pulling our 12,500# 32' 5er, but wanted more room, and DW wanted an automatic.
Well after a bit of a search we found what seemed like it might be the one, only issue it was a six hour drive away. Well 2016 lightly used Ram 3500 CTD DRW Laramie with the Aisin transmission and 3.73's and 27,000 miles. Here is the new TV! The six hour drive home was a dream.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"
92 REPLIES 92

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
COngrats on the new truck.

I've had a dually since 2009. Hard to believe it's been that long. Sadly, the ruck hasn't even hit 58,000 miles yet.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

I too wash my own vehicle.. I even went as far as buying a CR Spotless water die ionizer .. The Simple Chuck/Double Chuck..

I can wash in direct sun, rinse and not dry at all.. there will NOT be any water spots after air drying...

BUT then again, I am not fulltime and can keep it in my garage at home..Not sure a fulltimer would have free space for one.??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog & rhagfo--

You are both very much right and do the same in good weather.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I wash my own rigs, always have. BUT when in SoCal I have a car wash hand wash and dry mine, vac interior and wash the windows for $35 while I walk 100 yards to shop at Costco.

NEVER use a machine.

X2!
I have a very soft long handle brush for the roof and hood, rest done with soft mit!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ACZL wrote:
Cummins brought up a point to which I probly already know the answer. Where can you go to wash DRW trucks? Delta Sonic or the auto washes won't work. Car gurus say to wash the underside of vehicles during the winter, but if a DRW won't fit into car washes, where do ya go besides the self serve ones and can only do the body? Underside???

You don't. That's one of the "blessings" of owning a dually. You get even more familiar with your wash bucket and garden hose!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I wash my own rigs, always have. BUT when in SoCal I have a car wash hand wash and dry mine, vac interior and wash the windows for $35 while I walk 100 yards to shop at Costco.

NEVER use a machine.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
Great looking truck, congrats ! I've logged thousands of miles towing with a DRW, I'm sure you'll like it.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins brought up a point to which I probly already know the answer. Where can you go to wash DRW trucks? Delta Sonic or the auto washes won't work. Car gurus say to wash the underside of vehicles during the winter, but if a DRW won't fit into car washes, where do ya go besides the self serve ones and can only do the body? Underside???
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
I "LOVE" how this post has morphed from a discussion of getting DRW to where to find the "LOVE" channel on Sirius radio! :S

Because of this thread...I was tempted to tune in ch 70 on my boss's truck today while going to lunch...didn't know how that would go over....LOL...true story.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
MFL wrote:
I'm still waiting to hear, after 9 pages, if Russ's DRW has the OEM pucks, and if he plans to upgrade his hitch for direct use???

Yes, after numerous pages, the subject often changes. Almost need to go to school, to learn all the electronic gizmos on new trucks. Even my XLT, less equipped model has many functions I seldom use. Coming home from a recent hunt, I decided to turn the stereo on, and my partner (Angel in profile photo)looked at me with that "what the he!! is that" look?

Jerry

Yes, we have the Puck system, for now got a Reese picture frame for now, will step up the hitch later.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
I "LOVE" how this post has morphed from a discussion of getting DRW to where to find the "LOVE" channel on Sirius radio! :S

Hey when the subject wains it always changes, good bad or ugly. At least we are talking "LOVE" :B

I think "CHERRY" wishes she had WIDER hips.

OMG did you consider drive thru's and car washes are now taboo???

Back on topic!

Ron, as I have pointed out the size issue is mostly in one minds. There is a nice little drive through Bakery/Espresso stand in Seal Rock, I still fit through the narrow side!!

Wider Hips and a Longer bed! :B Sorry Chris!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I'm still waiting to hear, after 9 pages, if Russ's DRW has the OEM pucks, and if he plans to upgrade his hitch for direct use???

Yes, after numerous pages, the subject often changes. Almost need to go to school, to learn all the electronic gizmos on new trucks. Even my XLT, less equipped model has many functions I seldom use. Coming home from a recent hunt, I decided to turn the stereo on, and my partner (Angel in profile photo)looked at me with that "what the he!! is that" look?

Jerry

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
rhagfo wrote:

Hey when the subject wains it always changes, good bad or ugly. At least we are talking "LOVE" :B

I think "CHERRY" wishes she had WIDER hips.

OMG did you consider drive thru's and car washes are now taboo???

Back on topic!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III