cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JT's Strong Arm Travel Trailer Stabilizer Kit

ticmjpm
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for ways to get the motion out of my 26' travel trailer and think that for the money, the JT system may be my best bet. My problem is that the system specifies that the side-to-side bracing is on the front, and I do not have a cross member at that location to mount it to. I could add one, but it would never be as strong as the real frame.

Is it just as affective to put the side-to-side brace on the rear? I have frame there to mount it to.
5 REPLIES 5

ticmjpm
Explorer
Explorer
Do you remember what size steel tubing you installed?

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
I helped install 2 different set ups on friends rigs, one trailer and one 5th wheel. In the trailer we went to the steel shop and bought square tubing cut to the width of the trailer and mounted them with nuts and bolts into the existing frame work to fit the strong arms in the proper location to work. You want something ridgid to mount to. Yes, once installed the wiggle was gone and felt like the trailers were bolted to the ground. Well worth the money and effort to install.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
A friend put the JT Strong arm on his and he said it made a big difference. He was happy with what it did.

ticmjpm
Explorer
Explorer
MitchF150: did you reinforce the scissor jack connection to the trailer or is that how they came? Looks good. I assume you would do it again?

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is how I installed mine up front. It did have a steel cross piece, so install was easy peasy.

I did the same for the rear, but put the front/back bars on the rear, as it was a better fit to do it that way.

Overall, these have made all the difference in stabilizing the rig when setup in camp. So glad I got them.

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.