cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Joined the B&W Hitch Club

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I've been looking at B&W hitches for a while, but struggled with the price of them new. I stumbled across a 1 year old one last evening that is like new and bought it today for about 1/2 the price of new! I am amazed at the workmanship on it, and man is it heavy! It also sits lower than my Ram/Curt unit did so I think it will help to level my fiver, which sat slightly nose high.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

I am very happy with how easy it operates and am really looking forward to towing with it! The jaws are massive!
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes
51 REPLIES 51

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
ford truck guy wrote:
MFL wrote:
About a year or so ago, I received a nice B&W cap, with note "Thanks:C:C for your business Joe." Fits great! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jerry

Jerry, maybe that was meant foe me?

ftg...good on you, for being "COOL", with my making light of these complimentary cap distributions. :B

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I should give them a call. They sent me a nice camouflage hat a few years ago and is still my favorite.

Wow... You mean the marketing arm of B&W can't provide caps?

No, I just collect the dues and tell the members how to vote. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I should give them a call. They sent me a nice camouflage hat a few years ago and is still my favorite.

Wow... You mean the marketing arm of B&W can't provide caps?
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

MFL wrote:
About a year or so ago, I received a nice B&W cap, with note "Thanks:C:C for your business Joe." Fits great! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jerry

Jerry, maybe that was meant foe me?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
About a year or so ago, I received a nice B&W cap, with note "Thanks for your business Joe." Fits great! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jerry

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Put me on the list for a hat. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

ACZL wrote:
Hey B&W Club Prez--------I think it's time you started to offer hats and such to members! Or at least, make them avail for purchase!!!

:B :B :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Hey B&W Club Prez--------I think it's time you started to offer hats and such to members! Or at least, make them avail for purchase!!!
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we finally got the fiver out of storage and had a chance to use the new hitch. All I can say is wow! It is definitely easier to hitch the trailer because there is no need to raise the trailer as high, and I was surprised at how quietly it latched. Looking at the jaws around the king pin, I can definitely see how there is no question that it is securely latched!

Towing the trailer was noticeably smoother with less chucking than I had with the Ram/Curt hitch. It was also noticeably quieter with less clunking than what was happening with my old hitch.

There seemed to be more clearance when backing the fiver into the backyard as well. I had to watch very closely with the other hitch, but with the arms in the rearward position on the B&W there is definitely more clearance between the cap of the fiver and the cab. There is still the option of using the slider for tighter situations.

Unhooking was also very easy. Even though there was a bit of tension on the jaws, the release handle was very easy to move, and the jaws released easily.

All in all, I'm very happy with this upgrade and wish I had done it long ago!
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
larry barnhart wrote:
Because I have a B&W hitch sitting in our garage am I a fan club member also???

chevman

For sure!!!

You need to put that on Craigs List in June.

Or maybe in April. chevman

It sounds like you're leaving the RV world and I'm very sad to hear that. I wish you the very best.

With respect to your hitch, I think you could list it anytime. They seem to be selling like hotcakes around here.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
larry barnhart wrote:

chevman

For sure!!!

Or maybe in April. chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
larry barnhart wrote:

chevman

For sure!!!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
^ Yes, even if you owned a B&W and sold it, the membership and memorable experience is forever!

Jerry