Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco 23B?

tonybrown32
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all,

I'm looking for a nice little Hybrid as a 2nd camper and really like the layout of the Jayco 23B.

Of course, I've been reading here for a while, and saw all the issues with the AC/TPO Roofs etc on the 2004-2007 model years..

I'd like to know, are there any of you out there with one of these model years, that have NOT had any roof issues? On forums now days you see a lot of the bad situations that happen.. but not as many comments when things go well..

I looked at one the other day, and was in good shape, but found one repaired hole in the roof material, and a few other soft spots so I stayed away thanks to the comments in this forum!

I found another one today though that also appears to be in really good shape, 2007 model year, stored indoors, and in excellent overall condition.. just wondering how many people have had trouble free years with their older model 23Bs before I consider it.

We just need it for overflow as a 2nd camper for additional sleeping space, and to have a little extra room when we have visitors, and something a little easier to tow than our 37 footer if we want to take it anywhere. It'll be stored outside with a cover over winters, and really just hope to get another 5-7 trouble free seasons out of it if we can.

Who's got a 2004-2007 23B without any roof issues.. anyone?
2 REPLIES 2

tonybrown32
Explorer
Explorer
Right.. regular maintenance surely helps. Purchased the used 2004 23b today.. roof looks perfect, now I just need to keep it that way as long as I can!

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar Jayco 2011 X20E hybrid. No issues with leaks or roof issues. That said..

I always checked the roof seams and bunk end seals, I would check/spot caulk 2 or 3 times per year. The bunk ends do seem to flex from usage and sometimes are a source for delamination. Just my experience

Good Luck
Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)