cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I may have winterized but...

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
...but I'm not calling it quits for the season.

I got lazy this year on winterizing and did get notice of our first real freeze coming in overnight this last Friday, so Friday, after work, I did all of the steps for my PUP.

Added this year was a decent clean-out of the black holding tank as never done before. It wasn't too bad with a wand for the garden hose I had for other reasons so it worked out well enough.

However, that doesn't mean I've put the PUP in the shop for the winter. It's still on the side driveway, ready to go should the weather have a break in the chill.

Anyone else not willing to give up over winter?
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.
4 REPLIES 4

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
In PA I wintertize during first week of November. By Nov 15 freeze warnings and frigid weather.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
bondebond, we live just below you and yes I did winterize last week on the new to us 2008 Hi-Lo 19T. We thought about just blowing the lines and putting antifreeze in the traps but I did the full blown winterizing and parked the trailer. My wife is not big on winter camping anymore so we will wait until spring. When we had a pup I would keep it ready to go year round, especially for Deer Camp, but gave up hunting a few years ago. Nothing like a big campfire on a cold night and the snuggle under some sleeping bags and blankets for a good sleep!!!!!
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with you. Cold caught me by surprise, so ran the furnace a couple of nights til I could drain and winterize today. Still going to get out a time or 3.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
We are yearround campers aside from December as it is too busy. I can do the winterization job in under 15 minutes now. Much rather do this than find a leak on my next outing.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)