cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going camping.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
I live in a Utah State Park. Friday night the Gov said we can only allow visitors from within the same county that the park is in.

We have two campgrounds. One with full hook ups and a primitive campground about 3 miles up the canyon.

This is our primitive campground last week with just a little fresh snow.

I think I'm going to take my camper and go spend a couple of nights in here.

At least I'll get to go camping. :B
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.
31 REPLIES 31

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Still amazing how few people have a drive to go out.
Since we live in last house before the desert, with nice mountain 1/2 mile away, we organize hiking few times a year. Now we take advantage of it every day and after wet winter, now is beautiful time when you can see cactus blooming.
So we made offer to our friends in the city to come whenever they want. We designated part of patio table and a bathroom for visitors, where we don't reuse for 2 days to be safe. When they bring their plates- we can exchange food and microwaving allows for serving coffee and other stuff.
Still couple of friends needed a month to come over. Another couple set a time today, only to make last minute call that they "will not make it" for 10 o'clock.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
zb39 wrote:
Thats awesome. Have a great time. Lets see, your super far from people and your having a great time. Win Win! I have a buddy in Page, AZ who went and bought a new RZR a few weeks ago and he takes it out every chance he gets. I WISH I was there.

Things are improving for sure.

Your friend will love his RZR. Did you know that Polaris calls the "Are Zee Are's". 😉

I live in the center of the Paiute Trail, the largest trail system in North America.

I am pretty lucky because I can ride from my front door.

Stay safe.
Kenny

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Thats awesome. Have a great time. Lets see, your super far from people and your having a great time. Win Win! I have a buddy in Page, AZ who went and bought a new RZR a few weeks ago and he takes it out every chance he gets. I WISH I was there.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

specta
Explorer
Explorer

Our governor made some big changes yesterday and is starting to relax his stay order.

Things are getting better every day.
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
I’m glad you made it out.

Thanks Jim, I was due.

I'm only about 115 mile from home.
Beautiful weather, lots of mining history and endless riding on my ATV.

Self isolating doesn't get any better. 😉
Kenny

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I’m glad you made it out.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

specta
Explorer
Explorer

Another perfect day.
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
When we all are trolls more or less,

LOL!! That we can agree on. :B
Kenny

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
When we all are trolls more or less, I have desert across the street, so it takes me 100 feet drive to spot where I can camp and not to bend any restrictions.
I still rather hike there, than drive.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
"Visitors may continue to enjoy BLM managed public lands.
We recommend visiting areas close to home while avoiding very popular or crowded locations where social distancing may be difficult and limiting group activities to members of your household. Please note that fees, such as overnight camping, cabin rentals, group day use, and use of special areas, remain in effect."

Trolling??? Nope. Just going camping and following their guidelines.
Kenny

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
So much for stirring the pot Specta
I found it funny observing how moderators tired to moderate the topic "against the current".
Each time they deleted honest reply with concerns, another member post something similar.
Even hard-hand moderating is not going to change the facts.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
So I've changed my mind about going camping here in one of our campgrounds this weekend.........

I'm going out into the San Rafael Swell in a neighboring county.

After talking with one of the county's town mayors I changed my mind about where I was going to go camping.

She reminded me that our governor offered a “directive” not an order.

So, I'm going camping.
Kenny

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm thinking in part it's a staffing issue. Staff will have to interact with people for what is seen as an option recreational experience (full timers excluded). Also the bathrooms provide an overlapping common area that must be cleaned even more often than usual. Locking the bathrooms isn't enough as unprepared people will resort to using the bushes. You can imagine the mess that would create.

restlessways
Explorer III
Explorer III
What they're doing is making the world a smaller place where people can't spread out. Seems counterintuitive to me - force everybody to hunker down in a smaller space where they can more easily infect each other. Brilliant.

What are the full-timers doing? Where are they supposed to go as they shut down all parks, etc.? This stuff is getting stupid.