cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I joined the club!

NatParkJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
After years of wishing, research and planning, I bought a truck and truck camper! I just picked up the camper yesterday!
I'm now the happy and excited owner of a new 2017 Dodge Ram 3500 dually, and a 2007 Arctic Fox 990. Driving back home from Ohio to PA with the new camper, the truck rode great. I can't wait to pack up and head out on a long road trip in it!

Pam and Mike from Mike Jones Motors RV in Ohio were both great to work with to answer all my questions, help me through the buying process, and get me on the road.

Humorously, before picking up the camper, I went to the American Sign Museum in Cincinnati. I parked the truck and toured the museum. When I was walking back out to the truck, I realized I was parked right in front of the perfect mural painted on the wall...Building a Better Future...NexGen Building Supply....with a guy hauling a sheet of plywood right out of my bed. haha.

19 REPLIES 19

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Great looking combo.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

NatParkJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
TrkCmpngGrl wrote:
Congrats! We just picked up our first TC this past Saturday. We live in central OH and have been to Mike Jones RV, they were super nice. We purchased used so we went where the camper was, otherwise we would have purchased from them as well. Happy camping to you! Since we are truck camping neighbors and both newbies maybe we will see you around camping. 🙂

Looking forward to it!

TrkCmpngGrl
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! We just picked up our first TC this past Saturday. We live in central OH and have been to Mike Jones RV, they were super nice. We purchased used so we went where the camper was, otherwise we would have purchased from them as well. Happy camping to you! Since we are truck camping neighbors and both newbies maybe we will see you around camping. 🙂
2010 F-350 Diesel 4x4
2013 Lance 1191

Earth_to_Sean
Explorer
Explorer
Good looking set-up! Congrats!
2008 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax DRW CC
2018 Arctic Fox 990

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations, Happy Trails to You and Your Family!

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

NatParkJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
mellow wrote:
Congrats on the the new setup! Is the truck 4x4?

Also, let me know when this warmup you speak of arrives to the East Coast 😞

Yes, it's 4x4. I meant to mention too that I did the torklift aluminum talon tiedowns, fastguns, and lower stable loads. I decided to give that setup a try and ride it for awhile before deciding if I need any other suspension upgrades to fix any handling problems.

Well, by warmup, I mean it's supposed to be 45-50 this weekend, compared to the low 20's in Pittsburgh now...

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the the new setup! Is the truck 4x4?

Also, let me know when this warmup you speak of arrives to the East Coast 😞
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new truck and TC! Enjoy.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
And windy at Furnace Creek...clouds moving in.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Go camping! Hot but nice in Death Valley.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Theses lights are probably the best ones to replace the OEM incandescent lights that get water in the lens, then leak down in the walls if the lenses fill up with water. Or I should say WHEN the lenses fill up with water.
Bob

NatParkJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
3 tons wrote:
A Hearty Congrats, BTW, be sure to triple check all your caulking, especially roof joints, clearance and tail lights -you’ll then stay a happy camper !!

3 tons

Thanks for the reminder. It's supposed to warm up some this weekend, and I was planning on checking all my seals.
The camper's in pretty great condition overall, but it is 11 years old and needs some TLC.

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
COngrats, you are going to love it! I just returned from a 5 week trip out west in my AF 1150, and it was great. I didn't have one single issue with the camper, and I went a lot of places that a motorhome would never go. And of course a lot of places that a motorhome would go. Good luck and safe travels!
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
A Hearty Congrats, BTW, be sure to triple check all your caulking, especially roof joints, clearance and tail lights -you’ll then stay a happy camper !!

3 tons