cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Husky Centerline TS hitch issue

bill-e
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had this happen before. Husky Centerline TS hitch. Husky says that they have never seen this before and are sending me new brackets. They think it's a bad mold.

Thanks,
Bill

'15 Keystone Cougar 26RBI and '15 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
9 REPLIES 9

bill-e
Explorer
Explorer
I don't find it scary, I just raise my jack and pop them off or on. Plus I have airbags so the rear of the truck doesn't get that low. I'll post picture later.
Thanks,
Bill

Steelhawk
Explorer
Explorer
The first time I took the bars off was in my driveway which is neither flat nor level. Like yours, my truck was in an uphill position. It was scary.

I drive to a side road or the church parking lot a mile away to take them off and put them on.

Later this year I will have a permanent and level place for the trailer.

bill-e
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for the late response, I was out dry camping with no phone.

No it did not pop off the bracket.

I have the 800-1200 lb bars

I saw the same thing with the bolt.

I do park my camper and unhitch where my truck is in a an uphill position and the camper is level, I will take a pic of that and send it to Husky.

Husky wants me to take a picture of the casting number on the bracket and send it to them. Again they claim that they have never seen this so I doubt that it's something I do that's out of the ordinary.
Thanks,
Bill

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
Looking at the silly design, my question would be: "Why would it not bend?"

Agree. The only way that L bracket would not have bent is if there was another bolt in the lowest set of holes with nuts between the outer and inner bracket adjusted to keep the outer bracket straight no matter the force pushing on it.
That is the first thing I saw when looking at the picture. With the gap between the inner and outer bracket there is nothing to stop it from bending.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:

Agree. The only way that L bracket would not have bent is if there was another bolt in the lowest set of holes with nuts between the outer and inner bracket adjusted to keep the outer bracket straight no matter the force pushing on it.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer

Steelhawk
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same one. Only used it for four trips. So far, so good.

Did the bars pop off? Was it at some odd angle, meaning the truck and trailer made some kind of wide "V" at the hitch?

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
I only have about six trips on mine. No issues so far. I have the 800-1200 bars.
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

SouthpawHD
Explorer
Explorer
Tell us more of what we are looking at. Hard to tell from the pic, but I assume your bracket is bent downward. But again, hard to tell for sure from pic.
Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK
2016 Chevrolet 2500, CC, 6.0L, 4.10