cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the shower door

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
The shower in my 2018 25Y is a SEA NEO Angle A025.

My shower door is difficult to close and destroys the gasket on the bottom because it in not plumb and rubs against the sill at the bottom of the non-hinge side. I have directions on adjusting the door but they involve essentially taking the shower apart and rebuilding it and I am nervous about that.

I have put a small nylon washer under the lower pin by notching it and forcing it in. This raises the door enough to solve the problem, but the washer soon works it way out. Currently I have wrapped some brass wire around the pin and that works but I am afraid that the wire will wear against the surfaces and cause problems. I may try to use string as a less abrasive solution.

What I would really like to do is remove the door and install a brass washer on the pin. I can't figure out how to remove the door. The top door header has no obvious way to take it off and that is required to lift the door up. The directions for installation of the shower do not mention this part. It just appears in step 4.

Has anyone removed the door and if so how did you do it?
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y
3 REPLIES 3

stratrex
Explorer
Explorer
The last one I removed at my home, the top rail was only held by caulking. Not sure on my trailer shower.
2005 Ford F-350 CC LB 6.0 PSD
2004 NextLevel 37CK

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
I could be wrong, since I've only installed a couple hundred residential showers and 3 RV showers, but, every top rail I have removed goes straight up. About 50% of those rails will have stainless steel screws on the interior side, holding the rail in place.

You are way ahead of me since I have never installed one. There is a screw coming in from the side that appears to hold the top rail in place but it is inaccessible in a U shaped panel. Maybe the header does pull straight up. I will try harder and hope not to break it.

I tried to post a parts diagram but couldn't figure out how. This link shower parts diagram will take you to another post in a different forum that has a reference to the installation instructions and diagram. The header appears after step 3 with no explanation.

Thanks for your help.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I could be wrong, since I've only installed a couple hundred residential showers and 3 RV showers, but, every top rail I have removed goes straigt up. About 50% of those rails will have stainless steel screws on the interior side, holding the rail in place.