cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many TT are 7' wide?

rerod
Explorer
Explorer
I must admit I didn't like pulling my old 8.5' wide TT.

Just wondering, which TT's are only 7' wide other than the Jayco SLX 7?

I know there's a few and maybe I'm posting this to ask or let manufactures know "we want narrow travel trailers.." And a well built 7' wide toyhauler would be welcome too!

Thanks!
12 valve ram
19 REPLIES 19

TECMike
Explorer
Explorer
If I remember correctly, Casitas are 6'11" wide. That was in 2006 and they may be a little wider now. Call the Casita factory in Rice, Texas, and they can tell you exactly.

treadlightly
Explorer
Explorer
Our FR Salem 178BHSKX is 7'6" (90")wide.

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/travel-trailers/salem-fsx/178BHSK/4579

2014 VW Touareg TDI Exec - Michelin LTX - 7.7k/600 lbs - 30 mpg and 700+ mile range - 15 mpg towing
2021 FR Salem 178BHSKX 4100 lbs as manufactured

IowaFrogFarmer
Explorer
Explorer
The Coachman Clipper and Clipper Cadet lines are both 7 foot wide. We have the Clipper Cadet 16CFQ. Perfect for just the two of us. Call it our rolling Motel 6.
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member
2020 Coahcmen Clipper Cadet 17FQC
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
1954 Wife

rerod
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Aaaand weโ€™re off again.
This discussion and the originator of the thread seem like Deja vu...
I will say, there is likely not a vehicle, nor trailer, as crazy as that seems that meets all your personal particular needs or wishes.
Sounds crazy, as there are soooo many different types of vehicles and trailers available in virtually every configuration. But based on your current and past posts regarding this, Iโ€™ll go out on a limb and say that nothing will be acceptable compared to the ultimate rerod package that you are imagining or wanting.

That's pretty good Grit dog.
Probably very accurate and yep I do stop by once in a while and ask about narrow track campers.. If nobo(IBEX) made a shorter 16' version, Id buy that. If the sportsman had azdel and aluminum, I'd buy that.. If some trailers didn't have big goofy fenders, I'd already be on the road. But no, Ive been flagging scammers for years..

Seriously, there's a order to my madness, and with lumber prices doubling, that has postponed my garage project out on the farm and the garage needs to be built before I buy a new trailer.. Id take a used one if I could find one right now though.
12 valve ram

rerod
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah the mini's are 7' wide, but the R-pods are 8' because they use external fenders instead of wheel wells. Easier to make..

Thanks everyone for all the information.
12 valve ram

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Aaaand weโ€™re off again.
This discussion and the originator of the thread seem like Deja vu...
I will say, there is likely not a vehicle, nor trailer, as crazy as that seems that meets all your personal particular needs or wishes.
Sounds crazy, as there are soooo many different types of vehicles and trailers available in virtually every configuration. But based on your current and past posts regarding this, Iโ€™ll go out on a limb and say that nothing will be acceptable compared to the ultimate rerod package that you are imagining or wanting.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get yourself some good towing mirrors and you'll find that towing an 8' wide trailer is no more difficult than towing one that's 7' wide.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty of slimmer TTs being made. They are the lighter weight, shorter TTs though. KZ's Sportsmen Classic series, for example, are 7' wide. Forest River Ibex has some 7'4" models. Coachmen Apex Nano models are 7'6". Scamp and Casita are 6'8" wide. That's just a small sampling.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Puma 7' wide trailers and toy haulers:

Puma clicky

Lance 1475:

Lance

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Escape Trailers made in Canada

Clicky

How they are made:

Escape Video

Casita Trailers

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
โ€œR Podโ€ types ?

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Winnebago Minis ?

rerod
Explorer
Explorer
The Nobo and IBEX are 88" wide.. Or 7'4", But the 19' length plus the tongue make it almost 25' long, which is just to dang long forest river!

Funny how similar the IBEX and Nobo TH's look.. And who needs that goofy ramp railing?
12 valve ram

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
My 30 ft " ultralight " is 7'11.....had to measure. Lol