cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did it take you to decide on a TT

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Just Blatant curiosity!! Did you ponder or take the plunge?

We looked and studied for a couple of years before we finally bought our RV.

We spent a lot of time looking at the advantages and disadvantages of pop-ups, Aliners and TTs. We even rented a TT.

Finally we opted for convenience, mostly because we settled on how we wanted to travel.

The only advantage to looking so long was, we were really familiar with the new and used market prices and we had saved up some money.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.
53 REPLIES 53

michael8rc
Explorer
Explorer
We looked for five years until we found the "Oh my gosh" unit. That was three years ago and we still have not found another that generated that kind of reaction.
1998 Dodge Club Cab 4x4
2010 Wildwood 292FKDS

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
About two weeks. And now nine years later we are living in it full time and loving it. No regrets what so ever. But we did do our home work and tested several playing house before we bought this one.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
When we met we both had kids and we used a van and a tent for 2 years then a 3 years with a pickup camper and a tent. 11 years with a tent camper and the kids were gone so we got a TT. After 8 years with that I quit work and we got a bigger TT. We never though about any of them, the last one we were about 1000 miles from home and just stopped to see what was new in TT, it took about 6 or 7 hrs but we left pulling a new one.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
About an hour. Plus almost a year. We had an '07 ROO 23SS HTT that we dearly loved and had no intention of ever making a change. But we weren't getting any younger and set up on the HTT was getting to be more of a frustration and less of a joy than it had been. I'd been looking at RVW for the better part of a year, just here and there, no real plans. But more things changed and after the last weekend with our ROO and the grumpiness that comes from frustration, we had "the talk" again....I said if it was going to be like this, we should either get out of camping altogether or move to a TT. DH said he'd try to chill and take it easier and we'd be fine. Next morning I checked RVW again and saw the Ultra Lite 2604.....where had it been all this time??? It was US!! When DH got home shortly after, I told him I'd found THE perfect TT for us. Insert eye-rolling here. He said, ok, to show it to him. He took one look and said I was right, it is US and is perfect for us likely for as long as we camp. Next sentence was for me to get busy and get the price and get a move-on! We picked it up the next Friday. So, yea, about an hour.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

crickeydog
Explorer
Explorer
rbpru wrote:
Did you ponder or take the plunge?

We researched and shopped off and on for about 4 years before we bought our first TT in 1999. We shopped for our current 5'er (see sig) for two years.

Happy camping!!! See y'all down the road!!!:)
USAF RETIRED 02/1992
DOD RETIRED 04/2014

D/W US GOV/DOJ/DEA RETIRED 10/2010

PULL DOG:
2006 GMC 3500 CC DRW D/A LBZ 4X4 SLT

2004 HOLIDAY RAMBLER PRESIDENTIAL 30' SCD 5'ER

barbrude
Explorer
Explorer
We looked for a year and a half. Our first choice was a Casita, then moved up to a Forest River Sport 220 but finally purchased a Forest River Pilot 32RBDS so I guess we purchased our 3 trailer first!

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
We looked on the weekends locally for about four weekends. When we started comparing every trailer to the Denali we finally purchased we knew it was the one.
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)

Seymore
Explorer
Explorer
We talked about it for a long time but when we finally got serious it was about 2 months of a couple of RV Shows and doing the research.
TV 2014 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
Trailer 2014 Rockwood Roo 21SS Equalizer Hitch

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have looked for a little over a year now. Still going back and for forth on fw or tt. We have it narrowed down to a BH into though. We are more hung up on quality/price. Everyone says buy your third rv first and save money, that's where we are hung up now.