cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Houston, we have Air Conditioning!

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
I've had Truckasaurus for three years now. I love the beast, but it was ordered from the factory without air conditioning... which has got to be a cruel joke. With the windows down on the highway, we arrive at our destination windblown and deafened. With the windows up, we bake like muffins. Neither outcome is a good way to start or end a camping trip.

Well, after years of research, planning and parts acquisition I am proud to announce that I have just finished installing A/C into Truckasaurus. I did it myself in the driveway with a mixture of new and junkyard parts. The air blows cold and feels wonderful.

Now the hot, humid, sticky weather we've been having for the past month has suddenly gone away and the next several days will be "non-A/C" weather. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the daytime high for the rest of the year was 54°F.

I'm not sure if anyone really cares, but I feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment and I wanted to tell someone about it. DW's enthusiasm just isn't enough to satisfy. "That's nice dear. Please take out the trash".
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...
12 REPLIES 12

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was expecting a Canadian base for the OP. Good job, that must feel really good to accomplish.
Now, next time pay more attention when you buy a truck. 🙂
Puma 30RKSS

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice work
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
dhust wrote:
You obviously did a good job. Not only did you cool the interior of your truck, but also the whole area where you live.
Hmmm.... Maybe I should turn that down a bit. 🙂

dhust
Explorer
Explorer
You obviously did a good job. Not only did you cool the interior of your truck, but also the whole area where you live.

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
Well done! It will be much more comfortable to ride in the Truckasaurus with a/c.

Your wife will probably be much more appreciative when it's a pit-dripping 100f day and her hair doesn't look like it's been combed with an egg beater.

Just tell her how gorgeous she looks....and remind her that it's because of your hard work.
My thoughts exactly. She'll appreciate it when we're driving to our next RV event in September.

She'll be happy right up until she decides that it's freezing in the truck. 🙂

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Well done! It will be much more comfortable to ride in the Truckasaurus with a/c.

Your wife will probably be much more appreciative when it's a pit-dripping 100f day and her hair doesn't look like it's been combed with an egg beater.

Just tell her how gorgeous she looks....and remind her that it's because of your hard work.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Tell her she can ride in the bed of the truck if she wants. Good job.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Tell her she can ride in the bed of the truck if she wants.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
GOOD JOB now after the trash wash the dog and wash wife's car:B

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
ib516 & Iraqvet05 - Thanks for the kudos! I was concerned that I might dislocate a shoulder patting myself on the back.

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
That's a lot of work but well worth the effort. Good job!!
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

ib516
Explorer
Explorer
Good job! *gives virtual high five*
Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L