cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HEY we need a sticky for our TT pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
I was just looking at 5er's, toy haulers, and slide in, sites and they have a sticky for their rig pics. We don't. I just saw that. Is it just me or do we TT guys and gals need a sticky for our rigs. I say yes we do.
2021 Ram 3500. Torque t285 toy hauler
3,424 REPLIES 3,424

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer

At the lake in September, our last trip of the year!
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

akdale
Explorer
Explorer
I'm pretty envious of that 1-ton dually! Very nice!
Dale in Alaska
2003 Ram 1500 Hemi, 4X4, RC, SB, 3.92
2007 Jayflight 31BHDS

FleaM35A2
Explorer
Explorer

Still in the "construction" phase, so no CG or on-road pics... yet.
Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640px maximum.
1971 AM General M35A2
1969 Holiday Rambler 27 Ft.

Hornet28BHDS
Explorer
Explorer
We've been out of power for a few days, so this is the first chance I've had to post these! They are from our trip last weekend. It was mostly a washout, but we still had fun and even played bingo at the CG!

The wet Hornet on our way to the CG:

Our sites (in a downpour!):

The JayFeather:

The Hornet:

Dumping:

Molly ready to head home after a fun, wet weekend!

2006 Hornet 28BHDS-Bunk House, Dual Slides

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
5.7L Hemi, Factory Towing Package
Reese Brake Controller, WD Hitch and Sway Bar

Life is short, why not spend it in an RV!

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

outbackpacker
Explorer
Explorer
Ahab wrote:
Near Tonto Nat'l Monument at Roosevelt Lake Arizona.

That is awesome! Love to see Ridgeline's towin (as well as Taco's)
2008 Tundra DC Limited 4x4 5.7L 4.30 gears "towing rocket"--Paid for!
Motor Trend's 2008 Truck of the Year
2009 Outback 310BHS Equal-i-zer, Prodigy, 9000lbs, 35ft

Ahab
Explorer
Explorer
Near Tonto Nat'l Monument at Roosevelt Lake Arizona.

mredneck
Explorer
Explorer
Picking up the trailer from the storage pasture.

To go Dove hunting. (only had my cell phone cam sorry)

2001 C2500 Sub 6.0 w/4:10 and Hypertec programmer- sold
2007 Sprinter 311BHS- totaled
4000W Champion Generator - now a back up
2005 K2500 suburban 6.0 w/4:10 and custom tune
2015 Coachman Leprechaun 320BH V10

AlsF150
Explorer
Explorer
So many fine looking rigs here. I am a noob here and to RV's.

Here is my rig, just picked it up last week:

Al, Julia and Kelly ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Ford F350 Superduty 4x4 6.2L V8
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 23RL

:C

Kanyonkitty
Explorer
Explorer
Red Rock State Park, Hinton, OK

Canyonlands National Park
Deep wedgewood blue '99 7.3L PSD F-350 Super Duty crew cab long bed dually or wedgewood blue '97 F-350 7.3L PSD crew cab longbed SRW, Member: Sunlineclub.com Rescue a retired Greyhound, greyt calm low maintenance traveling companions

31_tundra
Explorer
Explorer
We were at Mystic,CT. last weekend.Here are couple of pics

2005 Ford E-350 V-10
2020 Rockwood Signature 8332SB

Hornet28BHDS
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some shots of our trip last weekend to Brookdale Family Campground in Meadville, PA!

One of us en route at a rest stop on I-79:

These are at the PennDot center in Meadville. They're made of old road signs! We thought they were pretty cool! There are a lot more, but these are the pics that turned out the best!

These are some shots of us set up on our site:

Here we are leaving the CG. We had a great time and lucky us get to go camping again this weekend!

2006 Hornet 28BHDS-Bunk House, Dual Slides

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
5.7L Hemi, Factory Towing Package
Reese Brake Controller, WD Hitch and Sway Bar

Life is short, why not spend it in an RV!

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

featherlee123
Explorer
Explorer
Talladegachessie, is that the 3 wise men carved into rock?
Great pics! Looks like ya'll had too much fun.

DakotaDad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Dale! I appreciate the writeup. We tend to travel pretty light, and fairly local. Might be able to get away with something like the 31BHDS for a year or two before we upgrade our truck as well.

Thanks for your time!

Jason
Jason, Angie, and our boys, Sean (13) and Liam (8)
Now with Radar and Daisy, both Boston Terriers. Missing Artemus the Labrador, gone on ahead.
2016 Ram 3500 CC Big Horn - 6.7 Cummins - B&W RVK3600 hitch
2015 Palomino Sabre 33RETS Platinum fifth wheel

akdale
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Jason,
Well, as you know, I'm right on the jagged edge of what my 1500 is rated for. So, with that in mind, we try to keep it as light as possible and plan ahead. I always carry a small Coleman generator and 5 gallons of gas, a little firewood, a small air compressor, a Coleman bbq grill, a bottle of propane, and a few other assorted things in the truck... but not much more. We try to figure how much water we'll need between refill opportunities and fill the tank accordingly. We have carried a full load of water in the trailer and ten extra gallons in jugs in the truck without a problem.

We just got home from a five-day trip that started out light and ended up heavy. We had the usual supplies in the truck but on the first stop we loaded the truck with about 400 lbs of slate that my wife just had to have for the flower garden. We then proceeded to pull about 300 miles to our destination and back (through the mountains). We were headed to a nice camground in Palmer that had water though so I only had about 15 gallons in the tank. But I could really tell the difference with the extra weight on the truck. Back end was pretty heavy.

If we only carry the basics in the truck and the typical load in the trailer (even with a full water tank) it pulls very nicely. We always go north and that takes us through the Chugach Range but that sweet little Hemi is always ready to snatch the trailer up and through the mountains. She never gets hot.
The photo was taken last September in Turnagain Pass, the highest point on our way home. We had just finished the toughest and longest pull uphill, about seven miles. We try to do that part empty if possible. In the photo the truck was pretty heavy, you can see it's squatting just a bit. Normally the truck sits nice and level.

On good road I have no problem holding the speed limits... 55 and 65. She'll cruise at 70 if I need to but I like to keep it around 60. At that speed I average about 8 mpg.

A 2500 truck would be a better match for the 31BHDS but we'll make do with the 1500 for now. I do plan to upgrade to a dedicated tow truck in the future. I'd like a 1-ton diesel.

Happy camping,
Dale
Dale in Alaska
2003 Ram 1500 Hemi, 4X4, RC, SB, 3.92
2007 Jayflight 31BHDS

DakotaDad
Explorer
Explorer
akdale wrote:

Say, akdale...

How's that Jayco pull with your 1500? We really liked that model, but it just seemed to be stretching what we were comfortable pulling with our 1500 QC, especially since what we bought would be our first trailer.

Just curious how it goes for you, 'cause we did love the model you bought...
Jason, Angie, and our boys, Sean (13) and Liam (8)
Now with Radar and Daisy, both Boston Terriers. Missing Artemus the Labrador, gone on ahead.
2016 Ram 3500 CC Big Horn - 6.7 Cummins - B&W RVK3600 hitch
2015 Palomino Sabre 33RETS Platinum fifth wheel