cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help picking TT model please

OttawaDon
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks. We are in the process of buying our first TT and wouldn't mind some help in picking the right model.

Maybe my requirements are too tight but we'll see. We'd like to travel with another couple (no kids at all) but don't want them to sleep on bunk beds or a converted dinette table. Is there a model that offers two queen beds within a relatively small footprint?

My restrictions are as follows:
I'd like total length to be 27/28 feet.
Total GVWR (trailer and cargo) should be no more than 7500 pounds.

Is this possible or am I dreaming? Any help would be appreciated.
Don
13 REPLIES 13

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Ummm...nevermind. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

Hunterred
Explorer
Explorer
Found one, little bigger rig than you were looking for but if you can manage weight and get a good sway hitch towing it can be comfortable and the space it provides will suit you
http://www.starcraftrv.com/travel-trailers/ar-one-maxx/floorplans/28qbs/#floorplan-main

Hunterred
Explorer
Explorer
I know you don't want bunks, but if you can find something with 3 queen beds you can use the other for storage. One other thing to think of if you will be inside to eat or play cards make sure the table seats 4. Have a look at a few bunk models with the big bunks, there are a few companies who make them this way. Something to get you hunting anyway.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
If you can make do with a pull-out sofa, then you have lots of options. If you need two adult-sized full times beds....not so many.
It's his Super Power!

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
The Lance 2285 has a walk around queen bed, and a couch pull out, also is double entry for privacy. GVWR 6,000 lbs.
Lance 2285

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered our Arctic Fox from Northwood MFG. and 1 of the options was a pull out queen bed from the couch. We replaced the mattress for a better quality for comfort. Works great and being the bathroom is somewhat in the middle of the camper from either bed--doesn't bother the other party. Lars

Northwood Website
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
How about a toy hauler with an electric bed in the back?
It's his Super Power!

OttawaDon
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
Many models offer a queen size pull out in the sofa

Now this might be an option, thanks.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
OttawaDon wrote:
Thanks for the link, nice hybrid. I was kind of hoping to stay away from a hybrid but it might be the only option. A hybrid would be fine for me but my wife says she thinks she will feel too exposed or vulnerable with soft sides. Neither of us are experienced trailer travelers and if I want to do this, I want her to be comfortable.

I will be towing with a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500, it's towing capacity is a little under 9,000 pounds. I just figured a little wiggle room was better.

Jayco also makes a similar hybrid, but I know what you mean: Happy Wife...Happy Life.
It's his Super Power!

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Many models offer a queen size pull out in the sofa
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

OttawaDon
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the link, nice hybrid. I was kind of hoping to stay away from a hybrid but it might be the only option. A hybrid would be fine for me but my wife says she thinks she will feel too exposed or vulnerable with soft sides. Neither of us are experienced trailer travelers and if I want to do this, I want her to be comfortable.

I will be towing with a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500, it's towing capacity is a little under 9,000 pounds. I just figured a little wiggle room was better.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
What about a hybrid? Palomino (Forest River) makes a two-bed Solaire:

Solaire

There are a few different sizes/configurations, including one with three beds. Download the brochure to see them all.

It might be helpful to say what your tow vehicle is.
It's his Super Power!

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Dreaming except for some ultralite models. Go play house in some models. Pretend your sleeping, taking a shower, making a meal, etc and then each adult make a list of likes and dislikes. At the end of the day compare notes and decide which one you like the best.