cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Am i making the right decision

SuperKingRanch
Explorer
Explorer
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a travel trailer and I'm now having second thoughts on if I should have offered a lower price or am in selection the right trailer.

My first choice is the Venture SportTrek Touring Edition 343VBH.

I was able to bring the selling price down from 25% off MSRP to 33% for a savings of 7k

My second choice is the Heartland Eddie Bauer 34BHS.

I did walk through both and felt the Venture was put together better with a better finish. Both are very similar in layout and options.

The hang up I'm having is there is a 10k price difference between the two with Venture being more expensive. I'm courious if others were in this situation and what you have done or wish you have done after the fact.

Info on both units:
https://www.venture-rv.com/products/sporttrek-touring-edition-travel-trailers/STT343VBH.html
https://heartlandrvs.com/rv-model/eddie-bauer-34bsbh/
7 REPLIES 7

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
times2 buy the one you like 10k only another $1buck per month.

Tell us who your banker is. We all want that deal.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
33% off is pretty good. Buy the one you like! Which sounds like it’s the Venture.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
SuperKingRanch wrote:
****, i posted the wrong url for the Bauer. I was typing this up while on a call.

Here's the real link: https://heartlandrvs.com/rv-model/cwes-34bhs/

They both have very similar setup. 1 1/2 bath, layout. big difference is the furniture and bauer has washer/dryer prep and poor outdoor kitchen setup.

Not concerned with washer/dryer prep as our campground has this if we need it.

I forgot to mention, they accepted my offer without hesitation and now I'm thinking I should have offered a lower price. With the RV show coming up in a couple of months, is it worth my time to wait till then to get a better deal? I don't need this RV until April.

Go back and tell them you changed your mind on the offer and see what they will come up with.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
midnightsadie wrote:
Actually it would be closer to $50 a month for about 20 years (depending on the finance rate).

SuperKingRanch
Explorer
Explorer
****, i posted the wrong url for the Bauer. I was typing this up while on a call.

Here's the real link: https://heartlandrvs.com/rv-model/cwes-34bhs/

They both have very similar setup. 1 1/2 bath, layout. big difference is the furniture and bauer has washer/dryer prep and poor outdoor kitchen setup.

Not concerned with washer/dryer prep as our campground has this if we need it.

I forgot to mention, they accepted my offer without hesitation and now I'm thinking I should have offered a lower price. With the RV show coming up in a couple of months, is it worth my time to wait till then to get a better deal? I don't need this RV until April.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II

Mike_E_
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like the Venture layout better for a a few reasons...

- extra half bath. Keeps the kids out of yours. 🙂
- viewing the TV. Nobody is craning their neck to see it.
- outside kitchen looks more substantial. Having that fridge outside is great.

You're going to second guess yourself to death, which is normal, so go with the one YOU feel the best about. And having already made a deal, it seems obvious which one you like better. 🙂

Regardless, enjoy your new RV, and get out there making all those memories with the kiddo's.....which are priceless.