ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
702hp/650 lb-ft Supercharged Hemi 6.2L.

0-60 in 4.5 seconds

Pretty sweet!

Ram TRX 1500 Debut Video

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS
44 REPLIES 44

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
rjstractor wrote:
Reisender wrote:
In an EV you can still hear tire noise and wind noise as it gets faster, which happens VERY VERY fast in an EV, or at least in a Tesla.

I get that, EVs are ridiculously fast for the most part. More acceleration than is really even practical. I'm close to buying a motorcycle, a Harley Heritage Softail. Harley's Livewire electric motorcycle is MUCH faster, yet has zero appeal to me. No shifting, no sound, no feel, no soul. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want to test ride one, but have no interest in buying one. And if the Rebel TRX were to appeal to me, Tesla's truck certainly would not even if it were much faster. Now, if Tesla made a $30,000 small package delivery van (like a Ford Transit Connect) and I did short haul package delivery than an EV would appeal to me very much.

They are bringing up EV's for a reason.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
For $92,000 I can buy a diesel truck, a travel trailer, a drift boat and have money left over.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
rjstractor wrote:
Reisender wrote:
In an EV you can still hear tire noise and wind noise as it gets faster, which happens VERY VERY fast in an EV, or at least in a Tesla.

I get that, EVs are ridiculously fast for the most part. More acceleration than is really even practical. I'm close to buying a motorcycle, a Harley Heritage Softail. Harley's Livewire electric motorcycle is MUCH faster, yet has zero appeal to me. No shifting, no sound, no feel, no soul. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want to test ride one, but have no interest in buying one. And if the Rebel TRX were to appeal to me, Tesla's truck certainly would not even if it were much faster. Now, if Tesla made a $30,000 small package delivery van (like a Ford Transit Connect) and I did short haul package delivery than an EV would appeal to me very much.

Or better yet something one can convert to a super compact electric RV type affair. Yes. That would be cool.

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Reisender wrote:

2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
Just another useless toy.

Would that be more or less useless than a Fleetwood Pride?
I use my rv as a second home. Seems useful to me.

I think his point is that everyone spends their money differently.

Although, based on your signature, it seems you made a living from other peoples "useless toys". At least you can still tow, go camping out in in the sticks, or use it as a daily to haul the family around unlike most custom classic cars that just sit in a garage and are generally not worth the time and money put in them.
I did make good money for many years off those cars had several of my own. Sold all of mine when I had to retire. They did their job and made me money. They also went up in Value. Better than money in the bank for me.

That is not the case for most people. After you calculate the cost of the vehicle, cost of the parts, cost of the supplies, and man hours put into it, you hardly ever get your money back unless it is a really sought after vehicle. Most don't have cars like these and loose money on them so would those be "useless toys" as well?
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
ShinerBock wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:

Although, based on your signature, it seems you made a living from other peoples "useless toys". At least you can still tow, go camping out in in the sticks, or use it as a daily to haul the family around unlike most custom classic cars that just sit in a garage and are generally not worth the time and money put in them.
I did make good money for many years off those cars had several of my own. Sold all of mine when I had to retire. They did their job and made me money. They also went up in Value. Better than money in the bank for me.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
rjstractor wrote:
8.1 Van wrote:
rjstractor wrote:
8.1 Van wrote:
2021 Tesla Cybertruck crew cab 6 1/2 ft bed with 14,000 lb tow rating does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds for $69,900 and has a 500 mile range.

:R And it probably sounds like a vacuum cleaner....

ELON MUSK, JAY LENO AND THE 2021 CYBERTRUCK

I stand corrected. It doesn't sound like anything... :R:R

Ludicrous Tesla Raven Edition 1/4 Mile RECORD!

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bionic Man wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
rjstractor wrote:
8.1 Van wrote:
rjstractor wrote:
8.1 Van wrote:
2021 Tesla Cybertruck crew cab 6 1/2 ft bed with 14,000 lb tow rating does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds for $69,900 and has a 500 mile range.

Until the suspension breaks on the whoops or you run out of juice in the desert.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
rjstractor wrote:
8.1 Van wrote:
rjstractor wrote:
8.1 Van wrote:

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
8.1 Van wrote:
rjstractor wrote:
8.1 Van wrote:

2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
rjstractor wrote:
8.1 Van wrote:

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
The "Launch Edition" sold out in a matter of hours. Clicky
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010