cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has anyone looked at the Jeep Gladiator?

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
Saw one on the street yesterday and glanced at the specs online. Interesting numbers and features for towing with a 3.6L engine with a 6 speed manual or 8 speed auto., 7600 tow cap. And 1600 lb. cc. I will not buy one, but anyone who likes back country camping might want to look at one...
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"
67 REPLIES 67

Crodad
Explorer
Explorer
TFL Truck put to the max towing capability.

Watch it here
2015 F-250 PSD 4x4 XLT
2016 Silverback 31RK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARCOFLIDLAMSMTNVNMTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if some one will make a flat bed for the Gladiator? I could put my 570 rzr on it and flat tow it behind a motor home. Be just about perfect.

BigDinAZ
Explorer
Explorer
PDX.Zs wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

You forgot about the Jeep Compass and the Jeep Cherokee

Those are rolling embarrassments as well.

The compass is a barely disguised Fiat 500.

And the current Cherokee isn't worthy of a name with such a strong history...

You need me to rant a bit more? Or are we good?

Could not have said it better.
Jeep has NOT been Jeep for many, many years.
Look what they did to the Renegade!
Sure as hell wished I still had my 77 CJ5 and my 69 Jeepster Commando.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew-cab Long Box DRW, 6.7L Cummins Diesel, 4:10 rear, 14,000 GVWR, 5,704 Payload, 30,300 GCWR.

2019 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 30RLS, 34', triple slide, 11,000GVWR.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
If I were going to buy a smaller pickup the Rubicon version of the Gladiator would be my pick by a wide margin. They do seem awfully pricey but to be fair all vehicles seem awfully pricey to me these days.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

PDX_Zs
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

Those are rolling embarrassments as well.

The compass is a barely disguised Fiat 500.

And the current Cherokee isn't worthy of a name with such a strong history...

You need me to rant a bit more? Or are we good?

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
PDX.Zs wrote:
Gladiator:

- Should have been called Scrambler
- You want solid front axle, it's the only choice.
- You want removable top, it's the only choice.
- You want to run 35's pretty much stock, it's the only choice.

Come on Ford and Chevy, you've got the formula right there, AND the Bronco and Blazer DNA as well.

The "Baby Bronco" is an embarrassment, and hardly worthy of the name. The new Blazer? Another Chevy attempt to wh*re out what once was a great brand.

FCA is showing there is big market and margin in this category. Make it happen!

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

PDX_Zs
Explorer
Explorer
Gladiator:

- Should have been called Scrambler
- You want solid front axle, it's the only choice.
- You want removable top, it's the only choice.
- You want to run 35's pretty much stock, it's the only choice.

Come on Ford and Chevy, you've got the formula right there, AND the Bronco and Blazer DNA as well.

The "Baby Bronco" is an embarrassment, and hardly worthy of the name. The new Blazer? Another Chevy attempt to wh*re out what once was a great brand.

FCA is showing there is big market and margin in this category. Make it happen!

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
mich800 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
I've yet to see one on the road yet.

I have seen several roaming around the Texas hill country and even a lifted one with what looked like 37's. This is mostly due to all of the rock climbing off road parks around here like Cline Ranch and Hidden Falls.

Yesterday coming home from the deer camp I stopped by a FCA/Ford dealer to see if they had any Gladiators. They had 5 of them with 2 Rubicons and 3 Overlands. All 5 had a MSRP of ~ $50+k.

And spotted in Michigan. More in camo. What could they be :C

Bronco... :C

Those are all in Allen Park. I work in Auburn Hills. Ford does have some sweet stuff in the pipeline.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
mich800 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

I have seen several roaming around the Texas hill country and even a lifted one with what looked like 37's. This is mostly due to all of the rock climbing off road parks around here like Cline Ranch and Hidden Falls.

Yesterday coming home from the deer camp I stopped by a FCA/Ford dealer to see if they had any Gladiators. They had 5 of them with 2 Rubicons and 3 Overlands. All 5 had a MSRP of ~ $50+k.

Bronco... :C

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

BigDinAZ
Explorer
Explorer
kellem wrote:
BigDinAZ wrote:
Flashman wrote:
They are starting to show up in Tucson. Dealer couldn't keep them on the lot long enough for me to check them out. Bad timing for the Ranger to come out at the same time as the Jeep.

They have them here in Sierra Vista, the problem for me is that 3.6 Penstar. If only they had put the 4.0 in.
I am a huge jeep fan, but my love goes way back. I had a 69 Willies Jeepster Commando, and a 77 CJ5 (that we put a 350 in).
I just don't like those Penstar's.

Ah yes the 4.0, one of the most reliable engines ever made and I'm still running one in an 05 TJ.
The problem is they are low on horses and love lots of fuel but so easy to work on.

That's my whole point. How many horses do you really need. It's not like anyone is going to pull a 40 foot trailer with it. As far as off road goes it's slow and easy in most cases, well unless you are like I used to be and slam a 350 into a cj5 and mud bog or rock crawl and spend most of the time with the foot on the floor.

Well okay I digress maybe the 4.0 was kind of a silly ida.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew-cab Long Box DRW, 6.7L Cummins Diesel, 4:10 rear, 14,000 GVWR, 5,704 Payload, 30,300 GCWR.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
BigDinAZ wrote:
Flashman wrote:
They are starting to show up in Tucson. Dealer couldn't keep them on the lot long enough for me to check them out. Bad timing for the Ranger to come out at the same time as the Jeep.

They have them here in Sierra Vista, the problem for me is that 3.6 Penstar. If only they had put the 4.0 in.
I am a huge jeep fan, but my love goes way back. I had a 69 Willies Jeepster Commando, and a 77 CJ5 (that we put a 350 in).
I just don't like those Penstar's.

Ah yes the 4.0, one of the most reliable engines ever made and I'm still running one in an 05 TJ.
The problem is they are low on horses and love lots of fuel but so easy to work on.

BigDinAZ
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Here's a pretty good youtube channel for Jeeps and looks to be for the Gladiator as well.

TrailRecon

Maybe this would be a great fit.

Trailer

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's a pretty good youtube channel for Jeeps and looks to be for the Gladiator as well.

TrailRecon