cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has anyone done this in the US?

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Becoming more common here. They use a OzGlide hitch to reduce the stress on the towed RV
19 REPLIES 19

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
These were not used as tow vehicles but as Off Road Caravans started to hit 8000lb+ and you wanted the truck to have considerable payload capacity as well they are now being used

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
You see some on 5th wheel hitches but usually on the bigger units with very heavy pin weights on stiff truck suspensions. Mostly it's about comfort.

While it has happened, it's not common for the a-frame on bumper pull trailers to fail, so not much demand for such a device.

He had it on a 5th wheel. Reason Ozflide to do not have a hitch failure due to stress on Caravan and tvehicle. Truck is a light Mediun Hino with 8 litre engine no you do not get these in the US it is actually a lot cheaper than.a F350 to buy used, so many available and oayload vastly greater

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
You see some on 5th wheel hitches but usually on the bigger units with very heavy pin weights on stiff truck suspensions. Mostly it's about comfort.

While it has happened, it's not common for the a-frame on bumper pull trailers to fail, so not much demand for such a device.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder what the overall length is. I know here in Washington State we have a limit of 65 feet. Other states are different.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
haven't used or seen the ozglide but for 10 years and about 60K miles I've used the airsafe air hitch on our TT. Similar concept, air bags and shocks to decouple the TT from the tow vehicle. Airsafe for us does an amazing job on frost heaves, rough roads etc. downside is cost and weight,

And fully compatible with many WD and sway control systems. I use it with the Reese Dual cam system.

https://www.airsafehitch.com/category-list/receiver-hitches

I have the class 6 reciever for use with our outback.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!