cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gotta' Love Winter Camping!

Last_Train
Explorer
Explorer
Well, in Texas you gamble a bit on the weather. But we're hitched up and ready to head to the Texas Hill Country for a week with some friends in their motor home. Gonna' be in the 60s in the day and 40s at night . . . Nice!

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2018 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
11 REPLIES 11

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
We love 4 seasons................
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heck, I went camping in MN last weekend. 50 during the day and above freezing at night,, in late November !!!

(That doesn't happen very often though.)

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
I do love all my camping trips, but I will say, winter in Arizona is my favorite. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets, the coyotes in the evening and night, it was in the mid 50's overnight and heading for 78 today. No humidity. And see old friends again that have not seen since previous winter.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Our favorite time too. We 'camp' at the Super 8. Clean sheets every night and a continental breakfast in the am. Considering what a campground charges per night today, the Super 8 is a pretty good deal.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
Winter is one of my favorite times to camp, less crowds, less noise, it's just great!
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
in texas its not winter until feb. So nice FALL camping :B

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
Last Train wrote:
Well, in Texas you gamble a bit on the weather. But we're hitched up and ready to head to the Texas Hill Country for a week with some friends in their motor home. Gonna' be in the 60s in the day and 40s at night . . . Nice!

enjoy!

we had the exact same temps camping on the outer banks coast of north carolina this past weekend. gotta love the south

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
We did winterize a bit early this year after a two week run of freezing rain and 20 degree nights.

Now it is high 50's and low 40's and we could have added a couple of more days.

We can still dry camp but it would be easier if we had not already unloaded the food and bedding. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Cool in Bishop but doable with care.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
very south Texas is real nice... 81 and full sun yesterday..

for this northern Ohio person ๐Ÿ™‚

Safe Travels and enjoy.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Nice weather indeed! We've had some gorgeous days here in TN, too. Too bad I was stuck at work!
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board