cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam Extended Service Plan for Autos?

wiskeyVI
Explorer
Explorer
We received a flyer for this program, offered on vehicles up to 15 yes old and less than 150k.

Any folks on here have any first hand experiences with it?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

starlord
Explorer
Explorer
I own a Ford 6.0. After paying $4,000 for a delaminated fuel tank and subsequent fuel filters, pump and a couple of injectors, I purchased Good Sam's warranty. Let me just say, it has paid for itself.

wiskeyVI
Explorer
Explorer
That's about what I'm thinking.
Just need to explain it better to DW.

Thanks for the advice.

zogg
Explorer
Explorer
I bought an aftermarket extended warranty for a used Chevy truck. When the fuel line ruptured at the gas tank, which was a $400 repair, the damn warranty company said the rust issues began before I bought the warranty, and hence it was a pre-existing condition....NOT COVERED......

Dont waste your money....set it aside for repairs that probably wont be needed anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2016 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
6.4 Hemi, 4x4, 3.73, 6 Speed Auto
2016 Keystone Hideout 7500# Dry :B

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
In 2003 I bought a new Toyota Camry and the dealer wanted to sell me an extended warranty, which I didn't buy.
I still have the car with 122K on the clock. Other than routine maintenance, I replaced the tires, brakes and a battery. It still has the original exhaust system.
Several years ago I bought a used 97 Chevy Suburban with a little over 100K. I still drive it every day and it just turned 190K. Again, routine maintenance, tries, brakes and a battery are all I replaced.
It runs great and gives me no problems.

Save your money on the extended service plan. Put the money aside and use it for tires and maintenance.

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
From Consumers Report:

"But extended warranties sell costly "peace of mind" for repair nightmares that probably won't occur, according to a survey of more than 8,000 readers in December 2007 by the Consumer Reports National Research Center. We have long advised that extended warranties are a poor deal for almost every product. Now we have the first data showing that this advice applies to most new cars as well."

Save your $$$.
๐Ÿ™‚