cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM's New LT6 Engine

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
For you gear heads this new engine is a work of art.

670HP naturally aspirated
5.5 Liter
Forged titanium rods
Titanium intake valves
12.5:1 compression
High flow intake system
Cross plane crank

Enjoy... Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
15 REPLIES 15

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's not just the power.....
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
RoyJ wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Only watched part of it, but wow! Presuming it’s a pump gas motor as well since it’s destined to be a production engine? Simply amazing power to displacement ratio!

that wont be a production engine, its a vett only motor. to expensive of a motor for general production no one would pay the extra for it.

Steve

Z06 is a production car, so this is a production engine.

yes the vet will be produced, but as it sits now that is the only way you can get this motor, no crate option or availibility in any other vehicle. I guess thats what I ment. I dont see this as a good cndadate for towing either the real power comes in at way to high of a rpm, but I guess you could put 550 rear end gears in it haha

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Hagerty for a decent review.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

RoyJ
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Only watched part of it, but wow! Presuming it’s a pump gas motor as well since it’s destined to be a production engine? Simply amazing power to displacement ratio!

that wont be a production engine, its a vett only motor. to expensive of a motor for general production no one would pay the extra for it.

Steve

Z06 is a production car, so this is a production engine.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Devo the dog wrote:
What's the tow rating?

It would do all right with a ‘nuff radiator and a eleventeen speed transmission

Devo_the_dog
Explorer
Explorer
What's the tow rating?
The dodge fan boys hate the dodge/ram dealerships. Now that I have owned a Mexican Fiat Oui-Oui, I understand why.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
Grit dog wrote:

Steve

not sure about "no one would pay extra for it". Look back in history and see how much people paid for engine options like the chrysler hemi, ford 429, and many other performance motors.

and since it will roll off the production line in a street legal vehicle I'd call that a production engine. Probably require 91 octane.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Grit dog wrote:

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
ssthrd wrote:
I used to add 104+ octane booster running 11.5:1 on 104 premium. Cold days were fine, but when the air temps went up the booster came out.

With todays engine management systems, maybe premium fuel will do the job for a 12.5:1 engine.

I would have to get used to the sound of a flat crank. Always loved the sound of a small block at 7K.

head design and FI and electronics have made high compression on 91 octane gas possible. My FI off road motorcycle runs 12.5:1 no problems on 91 octane and 13,000 + rpm.

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
I used to add 104+ octane booster running 11.5:1 on 104 premium. Cold days were fine, but when the air temps went up the booster came out.

With todays engine management systems, maybe premium fuel will do the job for a 12.5:1 engine.

I would have to get used to the sound of a flat crank. Always loved the sound of a small block at 7K.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

parker_rowe
Explorer
Explorer
If you are in the market for that kind of car, its a heck of deal too.

I always thought the z06 was a lot of car for the money. But the new c8 is impressive. I don't like the center console, but the rest is awesome.
2015 Starcraft TravelStar 239TBS 6500 GVWR
1997 GMC Suburban K2500 7.4 Vortec/4.10
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
the sound of a flat plane crank V-8 is something you will remember.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Awesome motor.