cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Four season TT under 28 ft.

downeastr
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at finding a used true 4 season unit. Know of; Lance, Grand Design, Nash/Arctic Fox, what other brands are out there that are 4 season that I'm missing?
John
'07 Navion "H"
Maine
11 REPLIES 11

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
carringb wrote:
Outdoors / Northwoods are 4-season rated.

I've had mine down to -15F

It does use a lot of propane when dry-camping below +15F.

I don't think Lance is 4-season rated?

Lance has a 4 season option.
https://www.lancecamper.com/four-seasons/

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Outdoors / Northwoods are 4-season rated.

I've had mine down to -15F

It does use a lot of propane when dry-camping below +15F.

I don't think Lance is 4-season rated?
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
jdc1 wrote:
None are true 4 season. When you get down to freezing temperature, they just don't cut it.

We've been down to -5F...that gets a little marginal but doable if you have a good supply of propane.

But down in the teens, no issues...even with a non-4 season unit.

Currently have a basic 25ft Gray Wolf and other than condensation on the windows (single pane) when it get's into the low 20's, it handled last winter fine. Usually a small 1500w space heater was enough to keep it warm.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bigfoot and Escape are both Canadian manufacturers that cater to cold-weather campers.

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
None are true 4 season. When you get down to freezing temperature, they just don't cut it.
I have had two different Arctic Foxes at near zero F and they were fine. The newer one even had 35 plus mph winds at temps under 5 degrees F, and we were cozy and had running water. What else can you ask for? We are happy with our choice.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
canoe on top wrote:
I had a Nash and now have an Arctic Fox. Have used both at temps a bit below zero with no problem.
I had a previous 27-5L and now have a newer one, and both did fine with temps very near zero F. The newer one is actually better.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

downeastr
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
Grand Design is definitely NOT 4 season. If you consider them satisfactory, then others like Cougar should be included too.

Arctic Fox, Nash, and Outdoors RVs all seem to perform pretty well in colder temps. I've read that Lance also does pretty well.

Units with slides lose a lot more heat.

If price is not a concern, some fiberglass clamshell trailers like Oliver and Bigfoot perform well too.

Thanks on the heads up on GD. We owned a Casita and thought Oliver was constructed similar: "ratfur rug glued to shell" not offering much R factor. I'll check out Bigfoot.
John
'07 Navion "H"
Maine

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Design is definitely NOT 4 season. If you consider them satisfactory, then others like Cougar should be included too.

Arctic Fox, Nash, and Outdoors RVs all seem to perform pretty well in colder temps. I've read that Lance also does pretty well.

Units with slides lose a lot more heat.

If price is not a concern, some fiberglass clamshell trailers like Oliver and Bigfoot perform well too.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

canoe_on_top
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Nash and now have an Arctic Fox. Have used both at temps a bit below zero with no problem.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
Outdoors RV.