cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Founded in 1928, RV company in Liquidation

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Sadly a Family owned RV company ROMA formed in 1928 and owned by the same Italian family has folded
8 REPLIES 8

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
You are correct as usual John. I am getting old! It is a 2004 model not a 1994.:o
Sunline was another one that had a great reputation but went out of business anyway.
Thank you for setting me straight.:)
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
BarneyS wrote:
Busdriver wrote:
Had SunnyBrook 5th wheel had 13 years the only thing replaced was the tires

Our Sunnybrook, bought new in 1994, is still in use by us today. It has been a very comfortable, reliable trailer.:)
Too bad that they too, like the one in the OP, went out of business several years after our purchase.
Barney

Hi Barney,

I thought your SunnyBrook Titan TT was a 2004 model? Just like our 2004 Sunline camper that is still going strong like yours. Or did you gain 10 years on me I can't remember. :B

When you get quality construction to start with, followed by owner-good maintenance practices, it does allow a camper to last. That and understanding how campers can leak and sealing them up not to leak :R.
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Busdriver wrote:

Our Sunnybrook, bought new in 2004, is still in use by us today. It has been a very comfortable, reliable trailer.:)
Too bad that they too, like the one in the OP, went out of business several years after our purchase.
Barney
(edited to correct date)

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
dblr wrote:
I wonder how many manufactures overseas has closed compared to all the ones here in the states.

"Manfacturers Overseas" that is pretty generic I can only talk about Australia. Roma was probably the worlds oldest continous RV company owned by the same Italian family. It maybe revived who knows, others have here. As far as I can gather it was founded before Airstream the oldest but not continuously owned US RV company
There are slightly over 100 active RV conpanies in Australia all indepently owned none part of larger organisations

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
We had one of the last two NUWA HitchHicker Champagnes built before they shut down. They built a quality trailer that did cost a bit more, but the market would not support a quality trailer. People are interested in the bling and glitz and the biggest box they can get for the fewest dollars.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Gooma
Explorer
Explorer
First generation builds the business.
Second generation grows the business.
Third generation goes out of business.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder how many manufactures overseas has closed compared to all the ones here in the states.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.