cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford owner installed trailer camera

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
There are apparently two models of this. One is camera only and the other is camera with TPMS. Does anyone have either model installed on their Ford. We have a 2018 with sync3. I am wondering whether the tire pressure system is worth the price tag!?!
5 REPLIES 5

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I had 1 of TPMS showing like 15 psi higher than actuall.
Took it to dealer and when after 2nd visit they fixed, or replaced the sensor (SA could not explain) - they reversed the training and inner tire was shows as outer and then outer was reversed.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
... I had to buy when dealer screw the training on my dually.

Huh?

What is "when dealer screw the training on my dually" mean?
Bob

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
When I did not spend the money, I was considering the TPMS option.
Per my experience trailers tires are on lousy side in quality and nothing sucks more than in pouring rain get flagged by fellow motorist only to pull over in the mud and find that your rim is square with no sign of the tire.
Don't know if you will need learning tool, but This it the tool I had to buy when dealer screw the training on my dually.

Use LT tires haven't lost more than 2 lbs in 4 years.
About $20
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
When I did not spend the money, I was considering the TPMS option.
Per my experience trailers tires are on lousy side in quality and nothing sucks more than in pouring rain get flagged by fellow motorist only to pull over in the mud and find that your rim is square with no sign of the tire.
Don't know if you will need learning tool, but This it the tool I had to buy when dealer screw the training on my dually.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
My tire gauge cost $1.00. So.......