cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford has robotic vans on the road - testing them

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Ford is stress testing the new Transit vans using robot drivers who do not care if the van is going over 35 speed bumps per hour at 20 MPH!

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=38168

Short video helps explain it all.

It is all to help design a stronger truck or van in this case.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com
1 REPLY 1

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
This is a link to the Ford Media website.

Only a 1 week shutdown to change over the products this year in most plants. The link states what plants will be shut 1 week VS the normal 2 weeks.

Production of Fords will increase by an additional 200,000 vehicles this year compared to last year, when a additional 400,000 capacity was added.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37994

Check with a local Ford dealer for the most up to date information. Hopefully they will keep on top of everything. You should be able to order a new 2014 now.

Quote from the link above:

The Kansas City-built F-150 is the first choice for tradespeople who need the most durable, advanced in the market truck. For example, F-150 leads in a variety of fields, including:

62 percent market share in road and highway maintenance
68 percent share in hazardous materials work
67 percent share in the oil pipeline industry

F-150 also boasts leading safety ratings. F-150โ€™s fully boxed frame, made from high-strength hydroformed steel, provides a backbone built for increased durability and safety. F-150 has earned top safety ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

Overall, F-150 offers customers the broadest lineup in the segment, with 10 models that include work-ready XL, sporty and capable FX, well-balanced XLT, refined and luxurious Limited and the no-compromise off-road SVT Raptor.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com