cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford EV Pick up patent confirm compartment in the hood.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
A boost for those 5ers who lost or has limited the capacity and use of the their cab.

Ford and Rivian Patent Filing
10 REPLIES 10

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
JRscooby wrote:
Most pickup tailgates leak everything you try to haul. With the gate that slides down will the pocket fill up?

Probably.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most pickup tailgates leak everything you try to haul. With the gate that slides down will the pocket fill up?

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Yes, expensive but interesting.

Tesla Cybertruck has come out with the benchmark for pricing.

I like the traditional Ford looks and I hope they can come up with pricing and manufacturing costs that will approximate Tesla's.

It will be ironic if they come out too expensive since Tesla reverse engineered Ford's 150 model for their own pick up.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
NJRVer wrote:
That slide straight down tailgate is a stupid idea.

Of course body shops will love it though.

I thinks it's brilliant and long overdue. Nothing worse than trying to load 60# bags of cement or 40# bags of pellets in your truck while having to lean way forward just to reach them.
When I had my 12 CTD and a 5er I removed the tailgate when towing. I usually never put it back on until fall. I loved being able to reach in the bed without having to lean over the tailgate.

They came out with hinged door tailgates to handle that.

That slide down will scratched up and dented in no time.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
I like certain features from all three prototypes. I love the built in electtic tonneau cover from the Tesla. That and the below bed tool box, the frunk and the 120 volt 240 volt power supply as well as the compressor. Rivian says they are also doing the 120 volt 240 volt thing. No word on compressor. My wife has a reservation for the mid trim Tesla. The next two years will be fun to watch for EVโ€™s. Lots of manufacturers bringing new models to market. Especially in Europe.

Merry Christmas all.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
NJRVer wrote:

From the drawings, it appears to work either way--slide straight down, or swing like a conventional tailgate. Back in the day tailgates with both bottom and side hinges were a popular feature on station wagons.

I like the slide out bins in the front too.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, expensive but interesting.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
NJRVer wrote:

I thinks it's brilliant and long overdue. Nothing worse than trying to load 60# bags of cement or 40# bags of pellets in your truck while having to lean way forward just to reach them.
When I had my 12 CTD and a 5er I removed the tailgate when towing. I usually never put it back on until fall. I loved being able to reach in the bed without having to lean over the tailgate.

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds expensive
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer