cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fix table to wall

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I have one of the booth tables that you can take out side so it has to be folded up when I move the TT witch to me is a pain. I don't care about removing the table to bring outside or use it to make a bed. I would like to attach it to the wall but it would be nice to remove for cleaning floor. Do they make such a bracket. I could make something with a hinge with a removable pin but looking for other ideas. Thanks
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k
16 REPLIES 16

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
neschultz wrote:
I used this Support.

A similar support that is widely available at any building supply store such as Lowe's is called a French cleat. Look for one where the picture\mirror hanging hardware is located. I think you will find that it meets your needs inexpensively and it is very easy to connect disconnect.

You can easily construct a French cleat yourself. Here's a LINK that shows how to do it.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Great.. Thanks

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
mat60 wrote:
neschultz wrote:
I used this Support.
......Am I right to assume you just lift table to remove from wall?

Yes, lift at an angle from the opposite edge
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
mat60 wrote:
neschultz wrote:
I used this Support.
.... Yes.. For now I may just leave the legs on the table and was looking for a way to attach it to wall so it doesn't slide all over the TT when we travel. I don't want to break the table down all the time to store it when traveling. It would be nice if I could install and remove from wall to clean floor. Thanks

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another option that might work for some.

I did something similar and added a smaller table. It offered more room to move around in the dinette. The downside is, it cost more than a traditional wall mount.

Lagun rv table support

there is a good video of it on youtube

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I have used the bracket that neschultz posted on two vehicles and on the railing of our second home condo. In fact I had to remove the one from the condo and it is in the basement, if you lived close, I'd give it to you.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
neschultz wrote:
I used this Support.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I see there are many ways to do this. I do cabinets/woodworking for a living but even so its great to get other ideas. Have not decided yet on a fold down or a simple cleat on wall. Thank you guys.

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
I used this Support.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
I did something similar to what Sound Guy did, only I did it "blind" ( you cant' see any of it from the top).

I attached a piece of 1/2" thick oak scant to the wall, then used right angle metal brackets like he did. I now also have a powerstrip attached to that scant, so I have my table lamp and computer hooked to it. I got a powerstrip with a couple of USB power ports too, so the cell phone ( wifi hotspot ) can sit on the table and be on the charge.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
I did an outside table that attached to the side of the camper using aluminum angle on the table and aluminum channel on the camper. You could keep one of your folding legs.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV fixed position/removable type or drop-down type brackets and folding legs are available at online RV parts vendors or dealers. You need to attach the brackets into studs. You may need to attach a strip of wood to the wall to be able to screw into the studs like Soundguy did. The 1/8" luan paneling in RVs doesn't have enough screw holding strength for a table. Oh, and make sure screws aren't too long that they go through the exterior skin.

'Course there's always the industry standard pedestal legs but they're awfully wobbly. Tacomarine.com makes an excellent heavy duty version from aluminum and are very solid. That's what we have in our TT. The nice thing about a folding table leg in comparison is that you get more foot room under the table and more space to store stuff when travelling (or not).

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
My parents trailer had a piano hinge at the wall and a single folding leg to support the other end. It was a longer table so it had the option to fold in half if you didn't need the whole thing.

You have to work out the dimensions but it simply folded up against the wall when not in use.

Better still is this double hinge method, commonly found in many Australian "carvans". Folds out of the way while still offering a side table and doesn't block the window in any way. :B

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
My parents trailer had a piano hinge at the wall and a single folding leg to support the other end. It was a longer table so it had the option to fold in half if you didn't need the whole thing.

You have to work out the dimensions but it simply folded up against the wall when not in use.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV