cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First Time RV Buyer Looking at Della Terra 25KRB

Abbadox
Explorer
Explorer
I will be buying my first RV soon and am leaning toward the Della Terra Model 25KRB. I have been searching online and find little info in the way of reviews by actual buyers of one. Everything I find is from sales people. Any input would be appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12

Abbadox
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the great information. I recevied more quotes today and am happy with the pricing so now I have to decide which dealer to go with.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
good post don,t just look in your area ,lot of us buy out of state with no problem and huge savings , need service later? call a mobile tech most do warrenty work ,faster they come to you,,cheaper,, and smarter most have years of rv know how, the dealer mech was flipping burgers last friday and monday he,s a pro rv mech.might even e mail star 1952 for help.

bstar1952
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy Abbadox, OP here on the post 2oldman referenced. I did buy the Della Terra and am extremely pleased with the TT. If you go to http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f5/east-to-west-29-krk-184502.html you'll see a review post I did on the Della Terra. In the weeks since I've had the unit, I couldn't be more pleased with its fit and finish. As you can see, we did travel from near San Antonio, Texas, to Trenton, Ohio, to make the purchase. The savings from buying at Jeff Couch RV Nation was tremendous and they were an excellent dealer to work with. Good luck and happy RVing. (Hope the link works.......)
Bstar1952
Bandera, Texas
2020 Ram 2500,6.4 Hemi
2019 (East to West) Della Terra 29KRK
Fastway E2 WHD Hitch

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
As far as dealers go, way too many blanket statements here. I bought ours from Sonnyโ€™s in Greenville, SC and it was a pleasant experience. They are not a huge operation, more like a Mom and Pop. Anyway, go with your gut. If things seem a little โ€œoffโ€, it probably is.
Iโ€™m not familiar with what you are considering, but I imagine there are quite a few of the same basic floor plan by other manufacturers. I would not get stuck on one brand over another.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Abbadox wrote:
Do most dealers offer some sort of price matching?. My plan was to get 4 or 5 price quotes and then go with whichever one has the better track record online. I am checking the BBB, Google, and Pissedconsumer.

Does the industry have any decent trade assocation that the better companies belong to or ?.

Price matching policies are up to the stealer.

Most RV manufacturers belong to the RV Industry association (RVIA). It's an organization that does nothing nor is it meant to for the end user / purchaser other than providing smoke and mirrors to pull wool over your eyes, and is totally geared to the Industries benefit. That's why there are not lemon laws for most types of RV's. The RVIA and its government lobbyists.

Abbadox
Explorer
Explorer
Do most dealers offer some sort of price matching?. My plan was to get 4 or 5 price quotes and then go with whichever one has the better track record online. I am checking the BBB, Google, and Pissedconsumer.

Does the industry have any decent trade assocation that the better companies belong to or ?.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
here in northeast ohio deerfield ohio we have a mom pop dealer small compared to most they,ve treated us great . don,t beleave everything a sales person tells you, and get every little thing in writing. best is to find a person who knows rv,s and take them with you. on a used rv you can hire a rv tech there on line and have them do a inspection ,will cost you a few hundred but worth it when your spending tens of thousands. welcome to rving,, its just like a boat it cost money to have fun.

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Abbadox wrote:
midnightsadie wrote:
watch what dealer you go too.

That is actually my second question. I have been looking at various dealers online and it sounds like the RV industry is full of sleazy companies. Do any of them stand by what they sell?.

Outstanding Grasshopper. The only thing sleazier than most RV dealers are the dealers service departments and the RV manufacturers.

Abbadox
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:

That is actually my second question. I have been looking at various dealers online and it sounds like the RV industry is full of sleazy companies. Do any of them stand by what they sell?.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Della post
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Not having a slide certainly eliminates a potential problem but slides make a small trailer comfortable. Have the sales person show you a similar TT with a slide. Is your TV up to the weight...both carrying and pulling? 900 to 1000 tongue weight and 7500 total. Good cargo carrying capacity.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad