cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finding the best travel trailer cover

jawsthemeswimmi
Explorer
Explorer
We picked up our Forest River Flagstaff Microlite 23LB last weekend and are interested in getting a good cover for it. It is going to be stored in my driveway for most, possibly all of the year. We are still trying to find storage for the snowy months but not sure how that will work out. I would like 2 options:

1. A good cover that would be adequate for everything except snow. We do want a way to access the door to get inside without taking the cover off.

2. A good cover that would be adequate for all year (rain, snow, etc.). We would still want a way to access the door to get inside without taking the cover off if possible.

Any suggestions on where to start? Brands? Type of material to look for?

Thanks!
15 REPLIES 15

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
My adco lasted 3 years, and the biggest drawback is the weight and size, PITA to install.

When it went bad I bought a classic accy permapro. I think it is every bit as good as the adco, but made with ripstop nylon rather than the non woven side material. Upside is it is much much easier to install since it is much lighter and it stores nicely in the included small bag. Amazing. Also has more and better side zippers for access to the trailer door.

I've had it two years and it is still in very good shape.

and it was slightly less expensive than the adco
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
We're seriously thinking of buying a cover for our new Jayco 28RLS. After covering and uncovering our new 19.5' boat a few times, we've decided it would be worth it. The boat cover was $750, very high quality and fits like a glove. I'm not thinking the RV cover will fit the same but if it'll keep the Florida sun from cooking our trailer, it'll be worth the effort once a month or so.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

tnrv_er
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a RV tarp last week. It's going back and i'm putting up a carport. Covering the camper for winter storage is one thing, putting a cover on & off every other week is a PITA!!!!!

The cover i bought is just a roof cover and it's a PITA, dont know how someone would want to deal with a full cover every other week.If a carport is an option, IMO, its the most partical way to go.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Calmark are the best but pricey, they custom make them for your trailer. They also put zippers up each side of any slide so you can open it with the cover on. They last a lot longer than Adco.

http://www.calmarkcovers.com/

richk88
Explorer
Explorer
yes that is what we do, we use our camper every weekend from April through the end of Oct. then it gets covered until the end of March
2014 Shasta Revere 27RL
Retired from pulling and went seasonal

jawsthemeswimmi
Explorer
Explorer
All good info, thanks I'm definitely looking more into it. So do most people leave the cover off for the entire season? Say March to November.

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer

Tried the cover for a couple years. There heavy and don't last very long. I know it's a bigger investment but it sure makes things easier.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Adco has good covers. I`m on my second. however you will not want to use it all year long. they are a pain to put on and take off. once a year for the winter is fine. I couldn't imagine doing it every other weekend or even once a month!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

richk88
Explorer
Explorer
same here.my Adco cover is 3 yrs.old and looks brand new yet.In the next few weeks camping world should be running their annual cover sale so you could grab an Adco at a good price
2014 Shasta Revere 27RL
Retired from pulling and went seasonal

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We have an ADCO Custom Fit cover. When you place the order have the location of your door measured and while a custom fit is a bit more expensive it eliminates flapping in windy conditions.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've had good luck with ADCO as well.
2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Duplicate oops, sorry.
Ray

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
You could try Alaska Tent and Tarp. They'll custom a cover according to your measurements and desired opening(s). Scroll right to Covers, then down to bottom at Covers & Custom Projects.

I'd expect it'd be pricey though.
Ray

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I've always used ADCO covers and have no complaints at all. Mine are for winter storage only from Nov - Mar but I sure wouldn't use it during the season as it's enough work as it is just to put it on in the fall and take it off in the spring.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380