cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY 1st trip in 192RBS

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
600 miles in multiple trips for service. Untold number of mods made on a brand new trailer.

What an almost perfect weekend. 1st site we parked at, besides being an absolute PITA to unhook from as the truck front wheels were 12" higher than the rear wheels, the post did not have 30 power available.

Also discovered, that not having a cover on the front vent was NOT a good ideal as the sun hit us in the face and woke us up.

Other than that, and a LOT of rain, we had a wonderful weekend. This really is a couples trailer.
6 REPLIES 6

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
no 50 amp. There was 20 amp, but I was so frustrated at that point with the elevation issue, was happy to move 🙂 They did fix it that evening, it was the breaker, it was broken.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Was there 50 amp power on the CG pedestal? I carry a 50-30 amp dogbone for that possibility. Also a 15-30 amp dogbone.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
jfkmk wrote:
Must have been some slope if the front wheels were 12” above the back!

When you buy a vent cover, get a dark colored one. I have the white on mine and, while I usually get up early, it gets bright in that trailer!

Glad you like the 192RBS. We love ours!

It wasn't so much slope, but move of a dip. Trailer was essentially on the same elevation as the rear tires, but the front tires elevated causing a problem with the power hitch foot barely clearing the ground, even though it was all the way retracted.

Going with BLACK cover for the front vent.

Last Train wrote:

Be interested to hear of your service issues and mods you've had done. Hope you enjoy your rig as much as we have.

Problems, been some stupid stuff, like I couldn't draw water from the onboard tank, and a DVD player that only played B&W. Dealer said, the filter was blocked on the water, which was absolute pure BS, they replaced the shut off valve, and in the process caused a dead quiet pump (through winterizing tube) to surge so bad I thought something was going to break. They claimed they changed a "setting" on the radio... sorry dudes, I already changed it, didn't make a difference. Picked it up, the 12V battery was completely and totally dead. Outer skylight has a deep scratch in it. Not sure when that happened, there's nothing in their lot, could have missed it during walk through.

Changes... a LOT
(2) 6V batteries
Locking diamond plate battery box
new battery charger (14.4V)
External propane line with quick disconnect
replaced grates in onboard grill (****, did that make a difference)
locking bracket for propane tanks
cable/chain support bracket
colored LED light strip added to canopy roller. Currently working to allow that to be connected to 12V
upgraded fan in bathroom
wire shelving racks in every cabinet
150 amp inverter (should have listened to an expert and gone with 300
volt meter and 12v plug in entertainment center
New 32" smart TV
large hard drive and android player - still working to make this function like I want
new 12v water pump (now supported vertically from a board under the sink, opening up a large storage area
Large diameter PVC in pass through to hold load bars when they are not used
quick drain valve on water tank.
added bed cushion
digital door lock
easy start so AC can run off 2500w generator.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few things, but got most of them.

There's a pretty active coachman facebook page.

Last_Train
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
600 miles in multiple trips for service. Untold number of mods made on a brand new trailer.

What an almost perfect weekend. 1st site we parked at, besides being an absolute PITA to unhook from as the truck front wheels were 12" higher than the rear wheels, the post did not have 30 power available.

Also discovered, that not having a cover on the front vent was NOT a good ideal as the sun hit us in the face and woke us up.

Other than that, and a LOT of rain, we had a wonderful weekend. This really is a couples trailer.

X2 on the suggestion for the dark vent covers. My wife is really sensitive to early light waking her, so our pair of Maxxair smoke tinted vent covers were a great investment - and easy to install. Plus they allow for an additional source of air circulation - even while traveling down the road. And those vent covers have kept the interior dry even in heavy thunderstorms - like the one we endured in Santa Rosa, New Mexico just last Thursday.

It's a couple's camper, for sure. But, on the other hand, we typically are quite fine with our typical 3 week+ trips for the two of us. It's been big enough for neither of us to have committed a major felony while on one of our camping adventures!

But seriously, one of the advantages of the 192RBS is that it seems to strike a good balance between sufficient space for a couple's camper and yet small enough to offer very good maneuverability. For example, just the other day we arrived at our RV park in Red River, NM (just under 10,000' ASL), and it turned out that our reserved space required that I back through a tight area to get to our site - all due to a road closed for construction. That experience has been repeated in lots of tight fuel stops, as well.

Be interested to hear of your service issues and mods you've had done. Hope you enjoy your rig as much as we have.
2016 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2018 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Must have been some slope if the front wheels were 12” above the back!

When you buy a vent cover, get a dark colored one. I have the white on mine and, while I usually get up early, it gets bright in that trailer!

Glad you like the 192RBS. We love ours!

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
This really is a couples trailer.

I can't imagine anyone suggesting otherwise. 😛 Our younger son slept a couple of times on the sofa but most often when he did decide to stay overnight he much preferred a tent. Last year we had friends visiting from Downunder and they too slept in a tent as there's just nowhere else inside a 192RBS for another couple. Great model couple's model though. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380