Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

End of the road for Travel Lite

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Info here.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.
6 REPLIES 6

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
Bought my 840 SBRX 2 years ago and its been a very good purchase. Very well made with only minor (and I mean Minor) defects. Only thing I didn"t like is it's real weight is around #600 more than sticker. If they do indeed go out of business I feel that what I have will last me till my camping days are over. It's made well and appliances, etc can be purchased from a lot of sorces.

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a new Travel Lite 840 SBRX this year and are finding it delightful after about 5K miles across 11 states this summer. It does seem to be built "cheaper" than others, but then again it was $8K less than the very comparable Adventurer 80RB that we owned previously. Similar weight and floor plan which is another reason why we like it. It was the first camper out of 11 that we've owned that had 100% functionality of all systems when we brought it home. I was pleasantly pleased to find all systems still working perfectly after the long trip .... again a first for us. We hope to stay on top of all maintenance to ensure as much life out of our 840 as we can.

I had a bit of warranty work done at the Syracuse location and met many people in the organization. All were super friendly and beyond helpful.

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer
I can see why they have problems. These are built in Indiana I live in the Chicago area. I have never seen one.

JD5150
Explorer
Explorer
It was a misunderstanding. info here

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Have a friend that has the Super Lite on a Tacoma. Looks way overloaded and probably the ugliest combination of TC and truck I have ever seen. We live in 100 degree temps and it's black. Can't imagine trying to cool that. Hate to see any company go under as employees loose jobs.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

EricCO
Explorer II
Explorer II
work2much wrote:
Info here.

I wonder if lack of returning customers was a factor or a real problem at all?

I really like the 960rx for weight and it has stood up well to use and sitting outside since 2007.

Labor quality right from the start was my issue with poorly joined joints, etc.
2002 Ford F-350 CC LB PSD 2007 Travel Lite 960rx Ultra 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS