cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electric Stabilizers

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
Front stabilizer jacks run down but do not tighten. Motor keeps running but pads don't move. Meant to see if they would tighten using the crank but got distracted and forgot. It's a 2015 Rockwood 2608.

Another annoyance is the bulb seal across the top of the dinette/sofa slide. It creeps forward as you go down the road. A foot or so will come out in a day's drive. Just had the seal replaced and the creeping continues. Slide closes tight and has never leaked. Thinking about gluing the seal to the track. Any suggestions? Thanks
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS
3 REPLIES 3

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
OP here. thanks for the helpful tips. I'll try the adhesive. Since the screw on the jack works until it encounters the slightest resistance, I'll take another look at the coupling.
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, common for the roll pins to shear in the coupler from the motor to the worm screw.

I would recenter the bulb seal and put a spot a Liquid Nails at each end to secure it in the track. Then dust the outer surface of the bulb seal with talc so that the friction between the seal and slide out is less than the friction holding the seal in place.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

Downwindtracke1
Explorer
Explorer
On ours, since replaced by manual ones, there is a roll pin that broke. It was down at the time. I had the tools (metric Allenhead sockets)to remove it, but finding a roll pin was diffecult.
Adventure before dementia