Nomad
Nomad
bikendan wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Reisender wrote:
ksss wrote:
Reference the Chevy Avalanche:

They were made from 01-2013 and they sold 650K of them. Certainly not bad run. Minus the cladding issue of the early years, I thought they looked good.

I get the impression the avalanche was quite a bit smaller. Hard to say. As well, I donโ€™t think it had anywhere close to the 660 horsepower of the Silverado. Lotsa jam there.

Smaller than what? Avys are full size 1/2 and 3/4 tons.

Did not know that. Maybe Iโ€™m getting confused with that Honda that kinda looked like an avalanche.

You are. The Avalanche was a full size Suburban with a truck bed.
You must be thinking of the 1/4 ton Honda Ridgeline, which is based on the Honda Pilot. BIG difference between the two.

Ridgeline. Thatโ€™s it. Neighbour had one parked in the driveway across the street. Similar looking. Thanks for the info.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Reisender wrote:
ksss wrote:

They were made from 01-2013 and they sold 650K of them. Certainly not bad run. Minus the cladding issue of the early years, I thought they looked good.

I get the impression the avalanche was quite a bit smaller. Hard to say. As well, I donโ€™t think it had anywhere close to the 660 horsepower of the Silverado. Lotsa jam there.

Did not know that. Maybe Iโ€™m getting confused with that Honda that kinda looked like an avalanche.

You are. The Avalanche was a full size Suburban with a truck bed.
You must be thinking of the 1/4 ton Honda Ridgeline, which is based on the Honda Pilot. BIG difference between the two.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Grit dog wrote:
Reisender wrote:
ksss wrote:

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II
I'll stick with my ICE truck.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Reisender wrote:
ksss wrote:

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
ksss wrote:

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
thomasmnile wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
And at a bargain price of a base msrp of $105,000!

I'm sure this is the same age old question, but how IN DEBT are people on average, to be able to own the car that they want?

Even at my income level, which by normal standards would support purchasing something like this, it's hard to believe that the market is now going to support $100k + grocery getter commuter 1/2 ton pickup

Must be showing my age now, lol, or people are dumber than even I give them credit for.

Idk, man, we're in one of the highest income areas of the country and I don't see it. This is not good for the economy, if the _______ (insert whomever you blame for this) push the affordability of everything we need above the means of the average person.

Hear you Dog and agree. Our 'forever' car bought new in 2019 (Yoda Highlander Limited) for 44K now starts at 48K. The manufacturers do it because they can....with the help of a financial services industry that's more like a mafia loan shark with 72 months and greater financing. And we both know they don't teach kitchen table economics in school.

And thatโ€™s $44k for a midsize suv! Of course a very nice one, but really? Thatโ€™s my point. I agree with you wholly. And I will bet anyone now that the โ€œ$40kโ€ silverEEEEdo that is supposedly in the works will not materialize.

ksss
Explorer
Explorer

2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
And at a bargain price of a base msrp of $105,000!

I'm sure this is the same age old question, but how IN DEBT are people on average, to be able to own the car that they want?

Even at my income level, which by normal standards would support purchasing something like this, it's hard to believe that the market is now going to support $100k + grocery getter commuter 1/2 ton pickup

Must be showing my age now, lol, or people are dumber than even I give them credit for.

Idk, man, we're in one of the highest income areas of the country and I don't see it. This is not good for the economy, if the _______ (insert whomever you blame for this) push the affordability of everything we need above the means of the average person.

Hear you Dog and agree. Our 'forever' car bought new in 2019 (Yoda Highlander Limited) for 44K now starts at 48K. The manufacturers do it because they can....with the help of a financial services industry that's more like a mafia loan shark with 72 months and greater financing. And we both know they don't teach kitchen table economics in school.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
And unless the frame is obtusely stiff, it wonโ€™t be able to haul heavy loads 5vers etc as the truck bed is integral with the cabโ€ฆ.like an Avalanche or them little Hondas with the truck bed.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Retired JSO wrote:
Looks like the not so famous Avalanche that lasted only a few years.

At least itโ€™s not the extra ugly version with the plastic cladding.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the not so famous Avalanche that lasted only a few years.

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
Living in NorCal, weโ€™ve had an interesting change in Electricity billing. With the change to renewables based on solar what used to be off peak in the evening/ night is now peak price wise. Iโ€™ve read up on a large Mega pack project going in on the coast next to a older gas power plant at Moss Landing. Not sure the plant is or will be retired. During high use the batteries are only good for a couple hours.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
free radical wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Here's the new Electric Silverado

Link

At $107.000 I dont think it will sell very well.

And No doubt the dealers will tack on ten grand or more like Ford does w their MachE.

But good luck GM

Ill wait for Cbrtk so dont need to worry about rust or place to charge when traveling cross country.

Chevy will have a Work Truck version that will have a ~$40k price tag which is more in line with a typical Chevy price tag.

I am surprised GM's goal is to be completely electrified by 2030.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"