cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EcoDiesel Ordering

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
This is a reply I got from Jeep when I asked why I could not "build and Price" a Grand Cherokee with a diesel.
Doesn't make sense.

It is great to read of your interest in Jeep!

Please be advised that the "Build & Price" feature on the Jeep website
is meant to reflect the Jeep Grand Cherokee models within the
dealerships' inventories and not the ordering system. With that being
said, because the 3.0L EcoDiesel was pending EPA Certification for the
2017 model year we are just beginning production now.

Until these vehicles equipped with the EcoDiesel engine begin arriving
within dealership inventory the Build & Price feature will not be
updated to reflect this option. Please keep in mind that not all
dealerships will take delivery at the same time, therefore, your
preferred Jeep dealership would be able to provide you with the
anticipated timing within their inventory specifically.

If you have any further product questions about the current Jeep lineup,
you are always welcome to reply back to this email and I will respond
back to you as promptly as I can. If you prefer, you can also reach us
directly with your questions at the Jeep Product Information Center by
calling 1-877-426-5337. When you call, we can connect you directly to
your local dealership, providing your call is during the dealer's hours
off operation.
59 REPLIES 59

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
I said it before you forgot the SH at the beginning of your sig there (SH)itguy08
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

DakotaDad
Explorer
Explorer
itguy08 wrote:

Actually they are tied. That's comparing all of Ford, including some stinkers like the Focus and Fiesta DCT's vs Ram.

So your argument is that Ram and Ford are tied only because some of the stuff Ford builds is ****? And thatโ€™s supposed to be convincing?

Itโ€™s a good thing youโ€™re in IT. PR wouldnโ€™t be a good fit. :B
Jason, Angie, and our boys, Sean (13) and Liam (8)
Now with Radar and Daisy, both Boston Terriers. Missing Artemus the Labrador, gone on ahead.
2016 Ram 3500 CC Big Horn - 6.7 Cummins - B&W RVK3600 hitch
2015 Palomino Sabre 33RETS Platinum fifth wheel

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
This post is about trucks, do you really want to compare that with the quality ratings? If that is important to you, I hope you remember that RAM has been scoring higher than your beloved Blue Oval.

Actually they are tied. That's comparing all of Ford, including some stinkers like the Focus and Fiesta DCT's vs Ram. Given Ram has been building the same POS for, what 10 years now I'd hope even they figured out how to do it decently by now.

And they are still worse off than GM, who, IIRC scores higher than Ford.

We've lost countess car companies over the years - what makes Chrysler so special? Hint: Nothing.

Sergio has pursued a merger (which could be good for everyone if it was the right partner), but has backed off. VW and Porsche merged a few years back, are they worse off because of it?

Probably because those that are smart know Chrysler brings 0 to the table. Jeep maybe but sales are starting to decline. Same with Ram. Chrysler and Dodge are DOA so what's left? Who would take that nightmare on?

VW and Porsche have always been tied at the hips, back to the 60s.

Stop your bashing. I am sure I am not the only one who has grown weary of it.

The truth hurts huh? Report me if it bothers you so much.

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer
Dupe/

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
itguy08 wrote:
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:

One, the "first bailout" was not done by the Government it was done by the employees! They put up money from their retirement fund to bail out the company not the Government. The only thing the Government did was OK it and guarantee the loan if Chrysler could not repay it. It was paid back early and at 100%! Not one dime of tax payer money was used!

Then why was Iacocca begging for $$ From You and I in the 80's? Chrysler was days away from dying, and the gov't should have said "Buh Bye" then.

Unfortunately for GM and Chrysler they did not have their original family's running their companies anymore.

About the only factual thing in your post. Yes, Ford mortgaged the bank, and the Ford family still controls the company.

As to the QC remarks, I would put our quality up against almost any other car company out there. I can say first hand that FCA is 100% commented to building a quality product and like every other car company out there we do make some mistakes. The problem is when you are only selling half the vehicles that some others are selling it doesn't take much to skew your numbers.

Of course you would - they pay you every week. Every single place that rates quality and long term dependability has FCA vehicles at or near the bottom. Now either they are all out to get you or there's something to it. I go for the latter. Ford and GM have had some bad years and the ratings show it. FCA, as a whole has been scraping the bottom for, what 20 years now?

Chrysler has always made garbage and probably always will until they (finally) go out of business.

Ask yourself this - if Chrysler was so great and FCA was in such awesome financial shape, why would Sergio be selling off bits of the company and begging for consolidation. GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, VW, Subaru, etc don't have the same outlook. Nor do they need it.

Good lord, give it a rest. We have gone over this before. This post is about trucks, do you really want to compare that with the quality ratings? If that is important to you, I hope you remember that RAM has been scoring higher than your beloved Blue Oval.

As far as spinning off bits of the company, many of the manufactures have done that. Ford sold Jag and Land Rover. GM sold off Saab.

Sergio has pursued a merger (which could be good for everyone if it was the right partner), but has backed off. VW and Porsche merged a few years back, are they worse off because of it?

Stop your bashing. I am sure I am not the only one who has grown weary of it.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:

One, the "first bailout" was not done by the Government it was done by the employees! They put up money from their retirement fund to bail out the company not the Government. The only thing the Government did was OK it and guarantee the loan if Chrysler could not repay it. It was paid back early and at 100%! Not one dime of tax payer money was used!

Then why was Iacocca begging for $$ From You and I in the 80's? Chrysler was days away from dying, and the gov't should have said "Buh Bye" then.

Unfortunately for GM and Chrysler they did not have their original family's running their companies anymore.

About the only factual thing in your post. Yes, Ford mortgaged the bank, and the Ford family still controls the company.

As to the QC remarks, I would put our quality up against almost any other car company out there. I can say first hand that FCA is 100% commented to building a quality product and like every other car company out there we do make some mistakes. The problem is when you are only selling half the vehicles that some others are selling it doesn't take much to skew your numbers.

Of course you would - they pay you every week. Every single place that rates quality and long term dependability has FCA vehicles at or near the bottom. Now either they are all out to get you or there's something to it. I go for the latter. Ford and GM have had some bad years and the ratings show it. FCA, as a whole has been scraping the bottom for, what 20 years now?

Chrysler has always made garbage and probably always will until they (finally) go out of business.

Ask yourself this - if Chrysler was so great and FCA was in such awesome financial shape, why would Sergio be selling off bits of the company and begging for consolidation. GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, VW, Subaru, etc don't have the same outlook. Nor do they need it.

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer
ggoat!!! wrote:
EcoDiesels run EXTREMELY HOT and FAIL while towing over time.

Research this. The evidence, particularly regarding this engine in the Grand Cherokee, is out there in droves.

A particularly enlightening story was written on the Airstream forums about failure going up 550 in Colorado. He got rid of his EcoDiesel soon after his engine caught fire in the middle of the road.

Stay away. FAR away from Fiat.

The Eco is a very good motor and failures are quite rare. So don't let comments like this scare you away.

I am one of three ED owners in my town, all 14's and none of us has had a lick of problems. We all tow heavy sometimes beyond capacity. But this motor takes it like a champ. I would not hesitate to hook onto the camper and make another 4K mile run to Idaho tomorrow!
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
^Why I can't leave this forum......like "Days of our Lives" for men!
One train wreck after another.....

Tell me about it. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm the guy with the eye patch or not. :B

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^Why I can't leave this forum......like "Days of our Lives" for men!
One train wreck after another.....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
blofgren wrote:

You go right ahead and spin it any way you see fit.....:S

I am not trying to spin anything. Just trying to figure out what you are trying to convey. You are trying to compare a 2003 to 2013 or not. You are the one attempting to make is some big Ford vs Ram conspiracy.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
blofgren wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

BTW... A 2013 XL F150 V6.... yeah OK.

Actually a 2012 F-150 S/C 4x4 XLT so it's actually quite a nice truck, thank you.

You zinged me. I stand corrected. That does make comparing a 2003 to a 2013 valid.

Well, obviously there is a bit of a lack of comprehension here. I am comparing the build of the trucks. That would be fit, finish, etc. Back in 2003, Ford definitely had the upper hand on Dodge in this category, but not anymore. Does that break it down enough for you guys or does the blue Kool-aid still affect the thought process? :W

Ok, so you said " I am extremely happy with my 2013 Ram 3500 and all of my previous Fords had NOTHING over it."

But what you meant was in 2003 Ford was better than 2003 Dodge and in 2013 Ram is better than 2013 Ford. Not what you wrote 2013 Ram is better than 2003 Ford.

See the difference.

You go right ahead and spin it any way you see fit.....:S
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
:R
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
blofgren wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

BTW... A 2013 XL F150 V6.... yeah OK.

Actually a 2012 F-150 S/C 4x4 XLT so it's actually quite a nice truck, thank you.

You zinged me. I stand corrected. That does make comparing a 2003 to a 2013 valid.

Well, obviously there is a bit of a lack of comprehension here. I am comparing the build of the trucks. That would be fit, finish, etc. Back in 2003, Ford definitely had the upper hand on Dodge in this category, but not anymore. Does that break it down enough for you guys or does the blue Kool-aid still affect the thought process? :W

Ok, so you said " I am extremely happy with my 2013 Ram 3500 and all of my previous Fords had NOTHING over it."

But what you meant was in 2003 Ford was better than 2003 Dodge and in 2013 Ram is better than 2013 Ford. Not what you wrote 2013 Ram is better than 2003 Ford.

See the difference.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:

You may live a longer or at the very least a happier life if you don't take every non 100% pro FCA comment personally.

There was no "Zing" involved Mich800, I was just pointing out what you failed to comprehend was all.

As for your other comment, I'm doing just fine, but thanks for the concern.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.