cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eagle Cap 1160 Dump Valves

reddrum
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Eagle Cap 1160. 2008 era. It appears to be time to replace the black dump valve. Not a lot, but a drip from time to time out of the pipe.

These valves are shoved way up in the basement of the camper so I am hoping there is some kind of hidden access. Does anyone know how you get to the valves on these to replace them?

Thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES 7

reddrum
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the basement floor is the bottom of the camper. The walls/floors of an EC (probably others I guess) are laminated walls with aluminum structure surrounded by glass outside and wood inside. Scares me to work on the bottom where there could be significant structure. Interior floor does not scare me as much. Still hoping I can find someone that has done this to an EC...

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
reddrum wrote:
Thinking of taking the interior floor up (the part you walk on), trying to find any structure, and making a hole. Then should be able to repair whatever hole is made and put some new flooring down. Current plan at least...

Isn’t the basement floor under the valves the actual bottom of the camper? I know others have removed the bottom panel to access water tanks and heat ducts. It’s just a bunch of screws. I may be thinking of Arctic Fox owners’ posts.

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
We did the same as Billyray. Works just fine, certainly one heck of a lot better than getting that "surprise" every time I opened the dump valve.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

reddrum
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of taking the interior floor up (the part you walk on), trying to find any structure, and making a hole. Then should be able to repair whatever hole is made and put some new flooring down. Current plan at least...

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have to cut anything, take the outside bottom panel (i.e. bottom exterior "wall") off then see what you have to do from there. That way anything you do doesn't show.

reddrum
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. I have not seen those. One of those would at least give me time to figure it out and install the real valve on my schedule.

The valve in the camper appears to be very inaccessible. Hoping there is some magic access to it otherwise it is cutting a hole in the inside of the camper to access it.

Thanks!

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased 2 of the valterra twist on waste valves and installed both on my 2018 fifthwheel and 2015 truck camper. Works great and good product. Just offering you another option.