cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dually tire psi question

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Was out doing some errands this morning and decided to see what the tire pressure sensors were saying, and this is was displayed:

LF 68
RF 74

LRO 66
LRI 68
RRO 65
RRI 69

This was after several miles of driving, temps near 90*, really anything to worry about or air up the low ones when cold?
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
7 REPLIES 7

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ACZL wrote:
Was out doing some errands this morning and decided to see what the tire pressure sensors were saying, and this is was displayed:

LF 68
RF 74

LRO 66
LRI 68
RRO 65
RRI 69

This was after several miles of driving, temps near 90*, really anything to worry about or air up the low ones when cold?

What inflation is on the door jam for the front tires? 75 PSI? Your warm tires seem low for the front tires.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Always check pressure when tires are cold.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
12th Man Fan wrote:
If this was after several miles driving in 90 degree temps then they must have been very low when when you started out.

Need to keep the duals as close to the same pressure as possible to reduce wear on the higher inflated tire.

The front at 74 seems high, the duals are a max of 4 psi off from one another. That's as good as the same, practically speaking. You'll get that much variation based on sun exposure when you're parked.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my truck the tires that are facing the sun always read a little higher until I drive for 20 minutes .

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
If this was after several miles driving in 90 degree temps then they must have been very low when when you started out.

Need to keep the duals as close to the same pressure as possible to reduce wear on the higher inflated tire.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Or maybe this went over my head and it’s a hoax post after the barrage of recent tire pressure threads??

Edit "tire" pressure.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
So what’s the question again?
Don’t see any that are low. Set the pressure at whatever you want as long as it’s not more than 80psi.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold