cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diesel Brothers

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.duramaxforum.com/threads/‘diesel-brothers’-shop-to-pay-850k-for-violating-clean-air-stan...
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
138 REPLIES 138

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
All of this reminds me of a Jason Aldean song that included a line of lyrics that included "he said, she said".
If it's the law then it's the law. End of conversation.
My truck is bone stock BTW before anybody gets all froggy.
Puma 30RKSS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ Nah, can tell he was just bored. Drug up a beat to death thread that he wasn't really a part of to begin with just to whimper....and tried to get the last word, but I'm just juvenile enough to not let that happen!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Fish mojo wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Sport45 wrote:
What would the air in our cities be like if everyone who wanted to deleted the emission controls from their vehicles?

What you and the other sheeple are failing to see is that everyone who want's to do that already is....maybe there's a few afraid of Johnny law who aren't due to that, but from a personal and recreational light vehicles standpoint, it's already happening or happened 99%.

The biggest issue here is people who are butt hurt that someone dare "break the law". Any law. Even chit that some of the nut jobs on this forum perceive as laws even though they aren't.

Absolute juvenile behavior by the whole lot of you. Both sides of the argument. You’ve ruined a decent web forum with your petty bickering back and forth trying to justify your position. You have to be right and anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot.

None of you can can accept not getting in the last word.

Feel better???

Got his mojo back...

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fish mojo wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Sport45 wrote:
What would the air in our cities be like if everyone who wanted to deleted the emission controls from their vehicles?

What you and the other sheeple are failing to see is that everyone who want's to do that already is....maybe there's a few afraid of Johnny law who aren't due to that, but from a personal and recreational light vehicles standpoint, it's already happening or happened 99%.

The biggest issue here is people who are butt hurt that someone dare "break the law". Any law. Even chit that some of the nut jobs on this forum perceive as laws even though they aren't.

Absolute juvenile behavior by the whole lot of you. Both sides of the argument. You’ve ruined a decent web forum with your petty bickering back and forth trying to justify your position. You have to be right and anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot.

Feel better???
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Sport45 wrote:

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
The Banks quick spool is a turbine (hot side) housing replacement mod.

Banks Quick-Turbo: 1994-1997 7.3L
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
How cold is the compressor at 32psi manifold pressure?

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
noteven wrote:
You stick a certification label on a turbo it’ll burn right off there

Not really as there is a cold side and a hot side.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
You stick a certification label on a turbo it’ll burn right off there

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ShinerBock wrote:

Banks quick spool is a turbo modification so why would the EPA certification number be affixed to the "rad cross member"? There is also no EPA certification for this part on the Bank's website or the 5" straight exhaust. He has also mentioned here and other forums that his truck is programmed or has a piggyback chip. It is hard to tell which because he differs in his terminology depending on which forum he is on. Either one for these would definitely put him over stock power levels and is essentially the same thing that the diesel brothers are doing.

The sticker he is likely referring to is the OE sticker put on at the factory which has nothing to do with aftermarket mods put on after it left the factory. The 5" straight exhaust he has might have eliminated the oxidation catalyst as well depending on which state the truck originated from.

You gotta remember, sidecar has some very "unique" vehicles, by his own emission....I mean admission, lol.
That 1 of a kind barn find 97 Powdersmoke is a secret FoMoCo Detroit skunkworks truck capable of more things than any other truck!
And the Denali is speshul too...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yeah, but that chip you used on your truck increased your stock power which also increased your emissions greater than stock which makes you no different than diesel brothers.
Banks certified emissions legal, diesel brothers is not certified.
Seems like a big difference to me.

Banks quick spool is a turbo modification so why would the EPA certification number be affixed to the "rad cross member"? There is also no EPA certification for this part on the Bank's website or the 5" straight exhaust. He has also mentioned here and other forums that his truck is programmed or has a piggyback chip. It is hard to tell which because he differs in his terminology depending on which forum he is on. Either one for these would definitely put him over stock power levels and is essentially the same thing that the diesel brothers are doing.

That is the drawback of using a unique name in every forum you belong to because people can look up your past posts with ease by Googling "sidecarflip tuner/chip/programmer". I can say that him and I would likely get along in the gun forums because it appears that we like the same type of guns.

The sticker he is likely referring to is the OE sticker put on at the factory which has nothing to do with aftermarket mods put on after it left the factory. The 5" straight exhaust he has might have eliminated the oxidation catalyst as well depending on which state the truck originated from.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
ShinerBock wrote:
Yeah, but that chip you used on your truck increased your stock power which also increased your emissions greater than stock which makes you no different than diesel brothers.
Banks certified emissions legal, diesel brothers is not certified.
Seems like a big difference to me.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:

Blah, blah. Hey bub, I have the EPA certification number affixed to the rad cross member from Gale Banks pertaining to my truck and his aftermarket modifications. It don't use any oil and gets 21 empty. Want me to get it for ya, I can if you want it.

Candidly, I don't care what rabbit hole you stick your head in either.

Diesel Brothers were in violation and got caught, Plain and vrey simole.

Yeah, but that chip you used on your truck increased your stock power which also increased your emissions greater than stock which makes you no different than diesel brothers. In regards oil, I am not talking about oil that gets used up by your truck. I am talking about the fact that you use three times as I do because not only do you have to put 3 more quarts in than I do, you also have to change it every 5k miles versus 15k in mine. As far as fuel, apparently you have some super special 7.3L because my father who owns a 2003 7.3, my brother in law who owned a 2001 7.3L, and my a cousin who owned 1998 7.3L could not get anywhere near what I currently get at the end of every tank(not just a highway section). Especially with these Texas 75 mph speed limits. Heck, even fuel shows an average of 13.6 mpg for the 7.3L while mine averages around 17 mpg at the end of every tank with mixed driving.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
Private jets...yeah no use for those...I'll take the train to CHINA...jeez...you guys are off the rails....pun intended. Please educate yourself before puking the talking points.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion