cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cushion covers

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
I just got a bunch of foam to replace whats in the dinette cushions and decided to clean the covers while they're off. Kinda afraid to throw them in the wash machine, don't want them to shrink up. What have you used ?
4 REPLIES 4

3boxerss
Explorer
Explorer
I wash mine on delicate or hand wash in my machine on cold. Put them back on damp . I fold the foam in half like a taco and then the Hubby holds the foam while I have the cover inside out. I stick my hands inside the cover grabbing the corners.He then sticks the cushion inside and I grab it by the corners and hold it and he then pulls the cover right side out.. Fluff it a bit to get the corners of the foam in the corners of the cover. Then set on their side to dry. I also wash the curtains the same way and hang them damp to dry on the rods..
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
So you are leaving the bag inside of the cushion? Doesn't the plastic bag make annoying noises? I'd love to replace the foam in my cushions with something more comfortable, so I'm listening to the ideas presented here.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

ADUS
Explorer
Explorer
Put the cover back on when spun dry in washer, much easier and wont shrink.
Also do as ladyrver said and then pull vacuum on the bag with sweeper and they slip right in and expand back to normal.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Soaked in Woolite and hand rinsed. Also a hint to putting the foam in the cushions, maybe you have heard it... I got some "long dress cleaner bags" from the cleaners, 1 for each cushion (were cheap) and put over the foam. The covers will go on much easier.