cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Creative ways to house Wally in Trailer

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
looking for some creative ways to store Wally in trailer.
Thinking about just making a shelf beneath TV, but looking for other options. Thanks ED
13 REPLIES 13

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
MKirkland wrote:
I have the old Dish system. I have a stand alone receiver that I use for our bedroom at home and take it with me in the trailer with my tailgater. I pay $7 for that and $15 for my DVR at home. Why do I need to change to the hopper?

You don't. The Hopper is a Wally with recording capabilities says Dish tech support.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We just got a Wally for our bedroom TV. We have a shelf under the TV for it. We added an 2TB external harddrive to the receiver so we can record shows. The guy told us we can watch recorded shows incase we don't get satellite. I have to figure that one out, LOL.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

MKirkland
Explorer
Explorer
I have the old Dish system. I have a stand alone receiver that I use for our bedroom at home and take it with me in the trailer with my tailgater. I pay $7 for that and $15 for my DVR at home. Why do I need to change to the hopper?

Boband4
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is an external box for Dish satellite TV.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Just stopping in to find out who "Wally" is....

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
yeah, who or what is wally?
2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
philh wrote:
Who is wally and why are you hanging him on a wall?

Because that is easier than sending him to his room. :B

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who is wally and why are you hanging him on a wall?

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
Sahall, you be the winner. I never say those holes before and your idea works. Thanks, Ed

sahall
Explorer
Explorer
On the bottom of the Wally are two keyhole slots. I hung mine on the wall behind the tv so it is hidden. I used a chunk of velcro to keep it from moving.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is above the microwave hidden in the wasted cabinet space. Since you have an RF remote there is no reason to have it out in the open. I added an inline switch to the power cord so it can be completely turned off. The switch is just inside the cabinet door.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
How small is your wife or child?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Is Wally your child or spouse?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup