cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Am I the only one that didn't get the pics of the TV, DVD, and radio player?
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

allopomo
Explorer
Explorer
Here a TV,DVD and radio player.

🙂
Trail Cruiser 21 RBH 2005, Jeep Liberty 2005.

allopomo
Explorer
Explorer
Trail Cruiser 21 RBH 2005, Jeep Liberty 2005.

79fordman
Explorer
Explorer
ok heres some more mods i did this weekend so far. Wife wanted a magazine rack so i made here this.

Wife said it sure would be nice if there was more shelves. I figured we don't use the long closet so hey why not put shelves in it.

I got tired of the old am/fm cass. so i put this in.

wife wanted a shelf above the bed to put her book on after she is done reading at night.

so i thought why not put one on my side.

hmmmmmm wife wants alot of things done to this either she knows i love doing this or she wants me out of the house lol. i think she knows i love doing this. hopefully more mods to come.

fgials
Explorer
Explorer
Man keep the mods coming! Love them all

NCHornet1
Explorer
Explorer
Godsey97 wrote:
Just came back from Gatlinburg over Father's Day weekend. We had also just completed the plexi/lexan screen door mod before we left it was SOOOOO nice. Had the door open all weekend with the AC running, plenty of light in the TT and it stayed cool.

I was nervous about all the cutting but did price the lexan. Then we took the door off the TT and took it to the local "True Value" neighborhood hardware store and told them what we wanted. They custom cut the plexiglass around the "slider door" and the hinges, etc. They also screwed it to the frame. All I had to do was hang it back on the hinges. If we want it removed, just take out the screws. It was GREAT (did I say that already..LOL) $42.00 total.

Now a question. Did the HUNTER thermostat mod, worked great in the spring with the furnace, but noticed a problem with the AC. As long as the temp was way off (stat set at 68-70 and the temp 90) the AC ran fine, would get to the desired temp and then shut off.

THe problem was the ambient temp in the TT would start to creep up and the AC would start to hum but not put any air out and then cut off. Almost like it did not have enough amperage to kick the compressor on. I pulled the OE stat out of the junk drawer and changed it back, wored great rest of weekend, any ideas?

Sure sounds like a amperage problem, or lack there of, I would triple check all your wiring connections.

NCH
2000 Ford F350 4X4 PSD,CC, DRW
4:10's, BTM Muffler, Isspro Gauges,
Coolant Filter,CCV Mod
FTVB , Ford AIS
6.0 Cooler,SCT2 W/DP's 40 tow & 80 econo,Zoodad mod
2005 Keystone Hornet 30BHSS
Reese Dual Cam
Family of 4 saved by Grace!!!
MY TRUCK
OUR TRAILER

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Two mods I'm going to make this weekend.
1. Small bungee cord secured to rear corners of shelfs used for tall item storage. Just pull bungee out and set items behind it for travel. Have 25 ft 3/16 on the way.
2. Really bugs me to see shinney metal duct work in floor registers. So I am going to paint air ducts flat black.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

EVT0005
Explorer
Explorer
I second the B/U light mod..

Also going to add some side lighting to see where the tires are and a manual switch to turn them on and off. Right now they come on with the TV reverse lights.
1998 Fleetwood Wilderness 26H
2003 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L

Godsey97
Explorer
Explorer
Just came back from Gatlinburg over Father's Day weekend. We had also just completed the plexi/lexan screen door mod before we left it was SOOOOO nice. Had the door open all weekend with the AC running, plenty of light in the TT and it stayed cool.

I was nervous about all the cutting but did price the lexan. Then we took the door off the TT and took it to the local "True Value" neighborhood hardware store and told them what we wanted. They custom cut the plexiglass around the "slider door" and the hinges, etc. They also screwed it to the frame. All I had to do was hang it back on the hinges. If we want it removed, just take out the screws. It was GREAT (did I say that already..LOL) $42.00 total.

Now a question. Did the HUNTER thermostat mod, worked great in the spring with the furnace, but noticed a problem with the AC. As long as the temp was way off (stat set at 68-70 and the temp 90) the AC ran fine, would get to the desired temp and then shut off.

THe problem was the ambient temp in the TT would start to creep up and the AC would start to hum but not put any air out and then cut off. Almost like it did not have enough amperage to kick the compressor on. I pulled the OE stat out of the junk drawer and changed it back, wored great rest of weekend, any ideas?

Yak_Fishin_Fool
Explorer
Explorer
StuartW wrote:
stugpanzer wrote:
Ok.....I just talked to a rep from Forest river and yes.....all the cabinets that I want to remove are just screwed in place and are not structural! And.....as long as I don't tear things up, I will not void my warranty! Once I get going on this....I will post photos!
I just did a similar mod last winter in the front bedroom of our Holiday Rambler 26RKS ... except we re-installed full-length 30x80 'half-queen' mattresses, one down either side of the rig, and created a center walkway. Not quite as romantic as a regular queen, but I'm 6'1" and my wife is 5'10" so anything less than a full-length mattress gets old fast. We had custom mattresses made with firm support and pillow tops - worth every penny based on our trips so far this year.

You'd be amazed how little structure was actually in the old pedestal. I removed a few long wood screws, pulled out a few staples, and it was history. My new twin support frames are built *much* better and each will have a large drawer on heavy-weight full-extension drawer glides so the under-bed storage is just about doubled.

Here's the modified floorplan :

The only real trick was moving the slider door for the bathroom to the opposite side of the partition, which meant moving the vanity about 3" closer to the shower - fortunately there was room to do this and no plumbing changes were required.

Note: Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum limit of 640px maximum.

Where did you get half queens from? I love this set up. Lot's more room. Scott

snarfattack
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got to adding the rear backup lights. After getting home late one night and not being able to figure out where the extents of the camper where for backing in. Thinking I may add some more halfway down on each side of the camper to light up the wheels so I know where they are as well. Also want to add some dim lighting around the perimeter for a nice aura around the camper in the evenings... 🙂

Added the cheap bubbles so I don't have to carry around the big level...
1999 Jayco Eagle 304BH
2003 Chevy Suburban 1500

Kampfirekid
Explorer
Explorer
ctpres wrote:
OK Security mod #1. License plates tend to end up on other vehicles. So I removed factory/dealer screws and replaced them with 1/4 x 1 carriage bolts. Not theft proof but much more difficult and time consuming to remove. To make them even a little harder to get off you can always bung the threads up a little.

We did the same thing. We have a neat camping related word on ours, and are sure it would walk if not secured. I intend on relocating it to our ladder (when I install it) and then using some stainless tamper-proof bolts.
2019 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew. 5–/2 foot bed. 3.0L Powerstroke,
Loaded. 2020 K-Z Connect SE 241BHKSE

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
OK Security mod #1. License plates tend to end up on other vehicles. So I removed factory/dealer screws and replaced them with 1/4 x 1 carriage bolts. Not theft proof but much more difficult and time consuming to remove. To make them even a little harder to get off you can always bung the threads up a little.
Challenger Owners Club

2014 Ford Fiesta
2009 Polaris RZR

79fordman
Explorer
Explorer
LarryJM wrote:
79fordman wrote:
Hi new here just wanted to show my homemade cloth line i put on my camper. I know you can buy these but i thought buying takes all the fun out of making it.

We just tie a rope between the awning arms to dry things and it can keep them drying even in the rain or if overnight from any Dew that might happen.

It looks like what you had hanging up is all on the ground from the pic you posted.

Larry

Yeah just had my polishing rags hanging on it to make sure i had the ropes tight enough and wouldn't you know it a storm rolled in.

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to get out of storing stuff before moving trailer as much as possible. So, on one end of knife board (behind range top) I mounted a short large diameter dowel rod vertically and presto, paper towel holder. On the other end I screwed an aluminum can to the board for kitchen tool storage.
Two down and fifty to go.
Challenger Owners Club

2014 Ford Fiesta
2009 Polaris RZR