cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

mehwwh
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
mehwwh wrote:
To: Lantley

Forgive my ignorance but, what is the purpose of the "toilet rinse"? I've never seen one for a residential toilet so don't know why one would be needed for an RV.

It serves 3 purposes you can rinse down the bowl when stuff sticks to the sides. You can also open the flapper and rinse below the toilet. Finally I can diconnect the hose spray nozzle and attach the toilet wand to rinse out the black tank. No more dragging in the hose from outside. Did I say I also use the hose sprayer when cleaning the tub.
This is not an original idea Thetford makes a toilet with an optional sprayer Thetford toilet with sprayer

As I said "Forgive my ignorance...."
2014 Dodge Durango Limited
2015 Jayco JayFeather SLX 19XUD, Reese WD Hitch, 800# Trunnion Bars, Stromberg Carlson 2500# Power Tongue Jack

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
campin' nut wrote:
Hey Lantley I don't suppose you would like to give up some dimensions and supply list for that bike rack? That is one of the best ones I've seen good job.
Check Out Bike Rack
I purchased the rack. It works great. Bikes are always in view. Easy to load bikes. Bikes do not block headlights.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
mehwwh wrote:
Go Camping wrote:
I bet I know....... do they use it to flush it out before leaving the site or dump station......my friend did the same....

Interesting, they stick this sprayer into the toilet to "flush it (I assume black tank) out" and then re-attach it to its' holder which is right next to the toilet. How sanitary. To think that the next person to use the toilet will be in close proximity to the sprayer and hose that was just used to flush out a holding tank. Wonder if they ever think about washing down the hose and sprayer with any disinfectant or even a wet one. Or do they just leave it as was used.

No, I don't actually have to stick the sprayer into the toilet hole to spray it down. That is what I have a wand for. I can spray below the flapper by simply aiming into the whole from at least 1'-2' away.
Correct Trax,Splendide

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
mehwwh wrote:

Forgive my ignorance but, what is the purpose of the "toilet rinse"? I've never seen one for a residential toilet so don't know why one would be needed for an RV.

It serves 3 purposes you can rinse down the bowl when stuff sticks to the sides. You can also open the flapper and rinse below the toilet. Finally I can diconnect the hose spray nozzle and attach the toilet wand to rinse out the black tank. No more dragging in the hose from outside. Did I say I also use the hose sprayer when cleaning the tub.
This is not an original idea Thetford makes a toilet with an optional sprayer Thetford toilet with sprayer
Correct Trax,Splendide

Hgarnerno1
Explorer
Explorer
One of the best mods I made on my trailer was the curved shower curtain rod. It sure makes the shower seem larger.
Howard, USN Ret
2000 Ford Excursion,V10, Limited
2003 Terry 27H. Super Slide

richk88
Explorer
Explorer
center awning support becomes my broom holder

key holder

sewer hose holder

gutter extensions
2014 Shasta Revere 27RL
Retired from pulling and went seasonal

campin__nut
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Lantley I don't suppose you would like to give up some dimensions and supply list for that bike rack? That is one of the best ones I've seen good job.

Sir_Buffalo
Explorer
Explorer
Well not sure how this person uses it... but......my friend set it up the same way because he had witnessed what I go through when I leave the campsite...(by the way I do not do this all the time but sometimes I get the urge to do a good job).
Besides the chemicals, etc. I actually take the hose and flush the tank. I know of others that do the same all the time but I just do it once in a while. But the fanatic he is he installed something like this person did to make in easier. I love it. If I had the same set up I would do the same. But not reading your message correctly... I guess now I know what you mean..... if your not a good shot you could be touching....ahhh do not even want to think about it.

I guess you could install it a bit higher. Right now I use the shower head that extends.

an
Sir Buffalo!
2006 Zinger by Crossroads 27BHS
2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 5.7

mehwwh
Explorer
Explorer
Go Camping wrote:
I bet I know....... do they use it to flush it out before leaving the site or dump station......my friend did the same....

Interesting, they stick this sprayer into the toilet to "flush it (I assume black tank) out" and then re-attach it to its' holder which is right next to the toilet. How sanitary. To think that the next person to use the toilet will be in close proximity to the sprayer and hose that was just used to flush out a holding tank. Wonder if they ever think about washing down the hose and sprayer with any disinfectant or even a wet one. Or do they just leave it as was used.
2015 Jayco JayFeather SLX 19XUD, Reese WD Hitch, 800# Trunnion Bars, Stromberg Carlson 2500# Power Tongue Jack

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
Roman11 wrote:
2Rad- I've always been a little leery about nailing or screwing into the thin walls of my TT. How did you attach the soap dispenser and toothbrush holders. Did you screw them in or some sort of 3M tape?

Cool mods!

Thanks

We just picked our new TT up this weekend and I have been making mods to make it feel more like home. DH is leery about nailing into the walls but he works for a 3m tape distributor and we get all kinds of heavy duty tape and velco. Some of this stuff he brings home is very strong. We have told our DS that if he does not sit still at the table we were going to velco him to the chair, well one time DH did and he could not get up :B

So the mods I made I used velco or tape, time will tell if it holds after traveling and use.
Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller

Sir_Buffalo
Explorer
Explorer
Sir Buffalo!

mehwwh
Explorer
Explorer

Sir_Buffalo
Explorer
Explorer
Nice...very nice. I thank you for the ideas. I will implement a few of them as I go.
Sir Buffalo!

travelingmomof2
Explorer
Explorer
These are great. Mine is too new yet. I'll wait until we dump something in it or something, then make it our own! LOL!
2007 Rockwood 8317 Signature Series

It's "S'more Fun" now that we are Rving it!

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
More Mods
Toilet rinse valve

6" PVC sewr carrier

Satellite and tote

Bike Rack

PVC Bunk Ladder

Genset on frnt carrier carrier 10' Porta Bote on roof