cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contemplating the 2017 Platinum F350

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've got an opportunity to sell my 2016 Platinum for what I believe to be a very good price, especially reletive to what I paid for it. Then I look at what they want to go to a new one and I think I might just keep what I have. How much more would you be willing to pay for a new '17 Platinum vs a '16 Platinum with 30k miles?
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5
88 REPLIES 88

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
blofgren wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
I'm getting some prices in.....Unless I can find a Ford dealer with better numbers than what I got from my most local dealer.....It looks as though I'd have to be willing to cough up about $5k more for a blue oval on the grill as opposed to a Ram on the hood.

I know what my decision would be...... :B

I know what I would do to if I was you.... Get that water pump replaced! :B

LOL, I haven't even received a notice yet! :B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
Well its about done. I found a dealer willing to do a little better. Still not quite a Ram kind of a deal, but my name is on a new 2017 that is supposed to arrive in about three weeks .... Never did take anything for a test drive, step foot in a Ram of Chevy dealer nor have I seen what the new Ford Platinums look like. I hope you guys steered me right.:B

Congrats on the new truck! What color is it?

Looking forward to seeing pics of it towing the Citation! :B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not going to believe it until I see a new Picture with this 2017 attached to a gooseneck trailer loaded down with haybails. What was that? About 30,000 lbs?

😄

Enjoy the new truck (again!!!!)

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4ord wrote:
Well its about done. I found a dealer willing to do a little better. Still not quite a Ram kind of a deal, but my name is on a new 2017 that is supposed to arrive in about three weeks .... Never did take anything for a test drive, step foot in a Ram of Chevy dealer nor have I seen what the new Ford Platinums look like. I hope you guys steered me right.:B

After your first drive you will have no regrets with your decision. Look forward to seeing pics of the new ride and your review of towing with it.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congrats on that new Super Duty.... Looking forward to seeing pictures of it doing some serious hauling.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
I'm getting some prices in.....Unless I can find a Ford dealer with better numbers than what I got from my most local dealer.....It looks as though I'd have to be willing to cough up about $5k more for a blue oval on the grill as opposed to a Ram on the hood.

I know what I would do to if I was you.... Get that water pump replaced! :B
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
B&W Companion

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:

Thats the only reason I went with Ram , it was 5K more for the ford. Trade-in was actually better for my 99 Superduty ,trading it in on the Ram. Overall a much better deal getting the Ram.

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
eHoefler wrote:
I have traded every 4-5 years and only pay $23,000-$25,000 difference. When I traded for the 14, I even went with a hogher trim level.

Thats pretty much what I do too, every 5-6 years. It's always paid off before the next trade, so there is no roll-over. I dont want to own one of these outside of the warranty. I did buy the ESP this time around 6yr/125K.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
B&W Companion

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Only you can decide what is best. I just pulled the trigger in july but I was coming from a 2012 lariat and now have a 2017 platinum.
My reasons were also different as my toyhauler is 14k and up to 15.5 loaded and the 2012 did not have the true exhaust brake like your 2016 with the upgraded turbo.

Also................ I do not trade. Knowing used SD were making their way south I set price high and got 44k for my 12 with only 90 k on the truck. I think I did pretty good there. Got 18 k of my Platinum and feel better towing with the family and that has no price value.
Did not think I would enjoy all the extras as much but the heated wheel in -20 is nice!!!!
Good luck.

Sunnyside42
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
All three manufacturers have absolutely incredible drivetrains now. As far as I'm concerned my 2016 Ford back seat is the perfect size and I think the GM might be a little bigger. I probably should look at both GM and Ram before I get too excited. I went to a Ford dealer yesterday and wondered around in the showroom for 20 minutes. They didn't have a Platinum to drool over but I did find a nice a Lariat. Nobody asked if they could help so I left. Maybe next week I'll be able to take one for a drive.

This attitude is what’s been driving me nuts, and keeping my cash in my pocket. I was ready to buy twice over the past month, and dealers around Charlotte aren’t dealing. They act either like a bunch of circus carnies or like they aren’t interested in actually selling a truck. With that type of treatment, I’m seriously considering buying 2-3 states away.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
I need to quit my job and be a traveling truck salesman... Between 3 or 4 posters here, I could make a nice living only selling a few trucks to the same customers year after year!!!

LOL, isn’t that the truth! :B

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I need to quit my job and be a traveling truck salesman... Between 3 or 4 posters here, I could make a nice living only selling a few trucks to the same customers year after year!!!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS