cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Considering an Aerolite 294RKSS, Feedback?

Groundhog66
Explorer
Explorer
Good day!

I did a search, but found nothing recent.

I'm considering buying a new Aerolite Luxury Class 294RKSS, can anyone give any feedback on this choice?

Seems to be a very well equipped rig for the price, just don't want it to be too good to be true, and there isn't much that I found on the net.

It does come equipped with self leveling, is this a good option to have? I've heard good and bad, and I guess it's just another thing to malfunction. That said, I believe it has a manual override if something goes awry.

Thanks for your assistance, it is much appreciated.

Tim
13 REPLIES 13

trailer_newbe
Explorer
Explorer
Our neighbors have that exact floor plan in the Sonoma brand, with a few differences. Our neighbors have a queen bed, and about double the cargo carrying capacity. IMO this floor plan is the best on the market in this trailer length. Itโ€™s been around for a while and Iโ€™ve yet to see anything better including our 28RL floor plan.

Your cargo limit is something to be concerned about because youโ€™ll be at or above the limit almost all the time. Check to make sure you have 4,400 lbs axles.
2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL

Groundhog66
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
โ€œWhat would really concern me is that it lists under 1000 lbs of carrying capacity.โ€œ

Unacceptable for us.

Agreed, that was something I almost overlooked.

bstar1952
Explorer
Explorer
What brand are you buying?

Hitch weight is just over 800lbs, not a problem for my truck for sure.
The one I'm looking at has the upgraded AC as well, and priced at $28,500 is pretty reasonable I think.

Its a new brand named East to West, selling in the low $20s. After looking at several different brands within this price point, we were impressed with the overall quality of the units. I even called the manufacturer and talked with several different folks on their thoughts of the new company. I just sold a '13 Jayco White Hawk that was an excellent TT and I hope this one is as well.

Good luck on yours and happy travels.
Bstar1952
Bandera, Texas
2020 Ram 2500,6.4 Hemi
2019 (East to West) Della Terra 29KRK
Fastway E2 WHD Hitch

Groundhog66
Explorer
Explorer
bstar1952 wrote:
In the process of purchasing the exact floor-plan but another brand. Just my wife and I (+ 2 weenie dogs) and we think this floor-plan is perfect. My wife really likes the countertop space the rear kitchen provides. The only negatives I find are the fridge get covered when the slide is closed and a heavy tongue weight. I agree with other posters that 13,500 a/c is too small. Our model is 50amp and comes with the bigger a/c unit. By the way, I think Aerolite dropped the 294RKSS for 2019. Mine is much cheaper than the Aerolite so I can't comment on the leveling system. Cheers.......

What brand are you buying?

Hitch weight is just over 800lbs, not a problem for my truck for sure.

The one I'm looking at has the upgraded AC as well, and priced at $28,500 is pretty reasonable I think.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œWhat would really concern me is that it lists under 1000 lbs of carrying capacity.โ€œ

Unacceptable for us.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bstar1952
Explorer
Explorer
In the process of purchasing the exact floor-plan but another brand. Just my wife and I (+ 2 weenie dogs) and we think this floor-plan is perfect. My wife really likes the countertop space the rear kitchen provides. The only negatives I find are the fridge get covered when the slide is closed and a heavy tongue weight. I agree with other posters that 13,500 a/c is too small. Our model is 50amp and comes with the bigger a/c unit. By the way, I think Aerolite dropped the 294RKSS for 2019. Mine is much cheaper than the Aerolite so I can't comment on the leveling system. Cheers.......
Bstar1952
Bandera, Texas
2020 Ram 2500,6.4 Hemi
2019 (East to West) Della Terra 29KRK
Fastway E2 WHD Hitch

Groundhog66
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Sometime around 2012/13 Thor, in it's ultimate wisdom, decided to roll Dutchmen/Aerolite's customer service and management into the Keystone Division. There was a definite change in build quality, and customer service when that happened, and not for the better. Aerolite is just a shell of a brand with what they offer today compared to what it was prior to that change. More of a name than a separate brand as Aerolite, Dutchmen, Kodiak, and Coleman are made in the same factory by the same workers. A lot of the floorplans are clones of each other.

We had a 2011 Aerolite 185E hybrid which was rock solid and never had one single issue. People I know who have the newer Aerolite products have had nothing but issues. A dealer friend of mine carried Aerolite and Dutchmen for years up until Thor made the change. He dropped selling the brand shortly after.

Good info, thank you.

Groundhog66
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Welcome to the Forum....
I don't have one but I took a look at one.

OK...here comes my opinion. (which is pretty much worthless)

Good floor plan but I prefer the "rear lounge" plan over the "rear kitchen" plan.

Huge gray water tank...that's good.
Not a good TV viewing angle... not good.
Pantry and decent counter space...good
A/C is too small for a 34+ footer (you are in Florida). Upgrade this.

What would really concern me is that it lists under 1000 lbs of carrying capacity. That means that you are going to have to pack and travel VERY lightly.

Good luck with your choice.

Good info on the load capacity, I did not catch that, thank you.

A/C is upgraded to the 15,000.

Groundhog66
Explorer
Explorer
janstey58 wrote:
Looks nice, but I hope you like watching TV from the side. Hard on my neck!

The TV pulls out, and swivels. Also, the chaisr are not mounted, so they can be adjusted if TV is on the menu.

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Welcome to the Forum....

Good floor plan but I prefer the "rear lounge" plan over the "rear kitchen" plan.

What would really concern me is that it lists under 1000 lbs of carrying capacity. That means that you are going to have to pack and travel VERY lightly.

pretty much everything i was going to post. good points

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the Forum....

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Looks nice, but I hope you like watching TV from the side. Hard on my neck!
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad