cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing New Tires for trailer

Taffy_C
Explorer
Explorer
Hi There. I'm replacing the ST185/80/13 tires on my trailer and have the option of either Carlisle or Power King Towmax brands. I'd welcome any advice on how these brands compare?

Thanks,

Daniel.
2003 Explorer Limited 4X4 V8 Advancetrac 3.73 Axle
Jayco Kiwi Too 22U
Hensley Arrow
Prodigy
22 REPLIES 22

Taffy_C
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice - very helpful. The good year's don't seem to be available in my size so I'll go for the Carlisle HDs. Don't really want to up the wheel size at present as I'm trying to keep the cost down.
2003 Explorer Limited 4X4 V8 Advancetrac 3.73 Axle
Jayco Kiwi Too 22U
Hensley Arrow
Prodigy

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Taffy.C wrote:
Hi There. I'm replacing the ST185/80/13 tires on my trailer and have the option of either Carlisle or Power King Towmax brands. I'd welcome any advice on how these brands compare?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Had nothing but tire problems with the Towmax.:( Is it possible to go up in your tire size, better towing and load capacity.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Speed rating for the Carlisle ST185/80/13 Radial Trail HD is "M"

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

Yaj
Explorer
Explorer
They don’t call them “blowmax” for no reason!

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure about Power King. I have been using Carlisle for the past 15 years with no complaints.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Does it have to be one or the other? There are better options out there. To name a couple, Provider STs, and Good Year Endurance STs, that can easily be ordered. To answer your question, I'd get the Carlisle, if HD with M speed rating.

On edit: The better choices I mentioned may not be available in that exact size.

Jerry

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What are the load ranges (B, C, D etc.) and max weight of the tires you are considering? What is the weight of your trailer wet and loaded?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad