2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
155 REPLIES 155

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
WTP-GC wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

The truck in the Vid was out on their maiden voyage with new truck and RV, Truck was a F250 with about 4" lift along with aftermarket tires of an unknown load range, air bags and aftermarket wheels that may or may not meet the load capacity of the OE wheels.

I really don't care what was the cause of the accident was the RV was too much for the truck plain and simple.

So newbies and anyone with an open mind please watch the vid!!!

Since the cause of the accident is clearly due to the driver running a red light and someone else hitting him, the comments about the tow vehicle and RV combo are totally off-topic and out of place.

Just curious if you've corrected your own over-GVWR issue yet?

Not off topic at all, they guy clearly had things ADDED to his truck that may have contributed to his situation.

OH you mean the FACT that it's not possible be at or under 14k GVWR with my UNLOADED front axle of 5,200# and then load my rear to it's RAWR of 9,750#????????

Give me a break!

I am at or under my axle ratings and well under my GCVWR even at 35K combined. I have proper tonnage for my trucks weight.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
phillyg wrote:
There's no way any of us can determine from the video what was the proximate cause of the accident.
The driver's statement might be a clue.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
wow
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
goducks10 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that if was a GM or a Ram it may not of happened. Fords are too light now that they have aluminum bodies. Looks like it got tossed around pretty good.

Are you just being sarcastic? About half of the weight savings went back into the frame so the Super Duty trucks were not lightened nearly as much as the F150. Plus, the weight reductions were made in relatively high body panels while the weight added to the frame is relatively low. The CG of the of the truck was probably lowered and may even be the lowest on the market now, giving it very good stability.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Cummins12V98 wrote:
The truck in the Vid was out on their maiden voyage with new truck and RV, Truck was a F250 with about 4" lift along with aftermarket tires of an unknown load range, air bags and aftermarket wheels that may or may not meet the load capacity of the OE wheels. "

I did not know for sure that this was a new RV. This really makes me wonder if the trailer brakes were properly burnished and if the owner was even made aware of the need to do that. That would go a long way towards explaining why he was not able to stop on the yellow from 40mph. It may not be his fault at all.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some of you folks are just simply......amusing. There's no way any of us can determine from the video what was the proximate cause of the accident.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
hotpepperkid wrote:

Yep another self proclaimed expert

Well that and he is one of those "whatever I have is the best and if I don't have then it sucks" kind of guys.

Moments like these are when I really miss a "Like" button. :B
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

The truck in the Vid was out on their maiden voyage with new truck and RV, Truck was a F250 with about 4" lift along with aftermarket tires of an unknown load range, air bags and aftermarket wheels that may or may not meet the load capacity of the OE wheels.

I really don't care what was the cause of the accident was the RV was too much for the truck plain and simple.

Since the cause of the accident is clearly due to the driver running a red light and someone else hitting him, the comments about the tow vehicle and RV combo are totally off-topic and out of place.

Just curious if you've corrected your own over-GVWR issue yet?
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that if was a GM or a Ram it may not of happened. Fords are too light now that they have aluminum bodies. Looks like it got tossed around pretty good.

If it was first Tesla Pickup that is now announced, it would have never tipped over! Probably would have also made the light stay yellow too!
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

blt2ski
IF, the real weight police thought something was over weight per the paid for registered GVW, or over one of the axle(s) weights per the Federal Bridge Laws, then yes, they would have collected parts and pieces and attempted to get an actual weight of the rig. The door sticker would mean nothing. Even in a wreck where one was killed.

TO me, it comes back to who quoted the driver. Yellow light was too short, someone came thru the green light from a 90, hit this rig......problems occured. No one was hurt. Let insurance companies argue it out! Pretty typical accident!

This truck and trailer from my eye, says legal in all ways I know how the laws read. Now if you want to talk from a civil court lawsuit......all bets are off as to what is legal. Now that door sticker potentially means something.......then again....mebbe not!

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
You folks are now talking to hear yourselves.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
hotpepperkid wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I have been wintering in then Coachella Valley since 2005. Over that time the amount of 250/2500 lifted trucks with aftermarket tires and wheels have increased. Over the years staying at the Thousand trails in Palm Desert it's been entertaining watching them go by with their headlights pointing to the sky and bouncing down the highway. They are heading to the Desert from the general LA area and back every weekend. I have seen plenty of them lying on their side.

They tow "JUST FINE" until they don't!

Let's hear the reason for that statement please. Or are you just another that likes to throw jabs???
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ShinerBock wrote:
hotpepperkid wrote:

Well that and he is one of those "whatever I have is the best and if I don't have then it sucks" kind of guys.

Geeze I was hoping you had blocked me!