cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camper has arrived!

Kalabin
Explorer
Explorer
So not new to truck campers, but finally made it full circle back into one. My truck has 3800lbs payload, this camper's "wet weight" minus additional options is 2300. So figure add another thousand to that figure read to go. Should actually make it close to being under GVWR and pretty well under my RAWR.

I'll post some pictures up once I get it cleaned up, had it trucked up here so I have a bit of cleaning to do. Love the floor plan / holding tank sizes compared to our old Wolf Creek 850.

2018 Wolf Creek 840

Options

*Large Exterior Folding Grab Handle
*Fox Landing
*Microwave Oven
*Generator Ready (Short Box)
*Wardrobe Curb Side
*11k BTU Air Conditioner
*Deep Drawer Under Cooktop
*Side Boxes
*Wolf Pack (Mandatory)
- DBL DIN Am/FM/CD Player w/Bluetooh
- Rear Electric Awning
- Electric Jacks
- 5CU' Frdige
- Dual 5lb LP Tanks
- Exterior Shower
- Heated Holding Tanks
- Roof Rack & Ladder
- Fox Landing Ready
- Sewer Hose Storage
- Utility Light Roadside
- Fantastic Vent in Cab Over
- Combo Bunk over Dinette
- Range Cover
- Sink Lid
2009 Ford F350 V10 4.10 FX4 Crew Cab SRW, Timbrens, Leer Topper
10 REPLIES 10

Kalabin
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking of the AC unit in the previous post I found out I do have the Coleman Mach 1 Power Saver 11k BTU. I took my Yamaha EU2000I out there and turned off economy mode and sure enough it can run the AC on Low / High without issues.

As for the update on the camper itself, per the RV dealer they are going to pay out of pocket for the repairs. As long as everything pans out I'll be happy with the dealer. The camper itself is very nice, actually much nicer than our previous 2012 Wolf Creek 850. A lot of the "Upgrade" options are now standard in them.

dhull
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 2017 840SB model much like yours. It has every option except streetside awning, microwave, roll over sofa and DVD and we have the smaller Coleman Mach 8. Actual dry weight is 3360.

I store sewer hose in the pvc pipe and fastguns and awning hand crank in rear bumper storage.

On second trip I scraped against a branch and damaged roof on the corner just like your looks. New roof! I know better now, had no idea it was that fragile.

Check all the fasteners and the sink trap for being tight. Many of the screws on our unit were not tight and put in at an angle. We also found incomplete caulking work in many places. Camper leaked 1st trip at the driver front jack support because of incomplete caulking, sloppy work.

Have already replaced the lp Regulator, the front sliding window (leaked when traveling in a rainstorm) and the insert trim on front of camper. Pic shows screw put in at 45 degree angle underneath trim that sun destroyed in less than a year.

Mods made were to put down hypervent material under a new memory foam mattress and remove bunk front over dinette and put up cargo net. Amazing numbers of things can now be stored up there with out being confined by the doors I took off. I'm going to remove the doors from the 4 bedroom closets and put wire shelves in. The doors open into the ceiling where the corner hits once it's opened far enough to hit the tapered part of ceiling. It would have made more sense to have door open against wall instead.

Once you finish building the unit for the manufacturer you will have a solid camper to enjoy. We are very comfortable in ours.
Congratulations and happy trails...

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully, the transportation company has liability insurance to cover the damage and you are made whole again without too much grief.

I never realized the roof membrane was that thin (you can see the wrinkles and thickness easily in your photo. I don't have a membrane roof on my TC and observing yours, I'm kind of glad I don't. I regularly drag limbs across mine going up and down fire roads.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Kalabin
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Better get that handled ASAP. Don't look too bad but don't let it go very long.

Congratulations anyway. Nice unit.

Sadly have some experience with this. So going to contact the dealership and let them know what happened and go from there.

Last time I had to take it to an rv repair shop and they slapped the dicor tape on it for the summer and then over the winter they replaced the whole roof.

Giving the dealer the benefit of doubt and hoping the make it whole again, but sadly a new roof is not cheap.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Better get that handled ASAP. Don't look too bad but don't let it go very long.

Congratulations anyway. Nice unit.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Kalabin
Explorer
Explorer

Kalabin
Explorer
Explorer
Well,

I would be excited however just found out the roof is damaged. The delivery happened late last night during a family birthday party so I took today to go through and check everything. Come to find out the delivery guy decided to tie some mule tape from the roof rack to a wrap they had put on the protect the nose during transport.

Its normal to have the nose wrapped while bringing them up, but to tie mule tape to the plastic wrap what did they think would happen.

Sad thing is I'm two for two on my roofs getting damaged while being transported to alaska. Both times now are due to neglagence by the carrier.

Shall see how tomorrow goes once I talk to them.

Sigh...

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
Quick! Attach photos or it did not happen! 🙂

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Ranger Tim wrote:
and I have been agonizing over the choice between 2000 and 2400 watt models. Which one is enough to power the 11.5K?

EU2200i

I've ran my 11k on an EU2000i no problem
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Ranger_Tim
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new 840. We love the wrap around views of the mid bath and the u-shaped booth, especially when there is no table in the way. Definitely a lot of lounging area for a non-slide. The Fox Landing is mandatory now for us. Fishing poles (one piece) go into the bumper and the sewer hose in the side tube. We also keep a folding Sven Saw, hiking poles, wading sticks and long zip ties in the bumper too.

We would be interested to hear how you fare with the 11,500 A/C if you use a generator. We have not purchased a genny yet, and I have been agonizing over the choice between 2000 and 2400 watt models. Which one is enough to power the 11.5K?

Let us know how it goes the first few times out and post a few pics!
Ranger Tim
2006 F-350 Super Crew King Ranch SRW Bulletproofed
2016 Wolf Creek 840
Upper and Lower StableLoads