cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cable TV Connection

Lovedays
Explorer
Explorer
The little rubber covers for these disappeared since the last time I used my camper.
Without having to replace the entire piece that is screwed into the side of the trailer, does anyone have a suggestion for covering/protecting these?
Thanks for any idea's!
2009 Jayco Jay Flight G2 29BHS
2004 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab
14 REPLIES 14

westend
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, I have two coax females mounted on the exterior of the trailer, both uncapped. I treat them every so often with this Caig product. Connectivity is always good but the modified termination cap would be better.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

hddecker
Explorer
Explorer
Lovedays wrote:
This is called a "Coax Connector Cap Cover with Chain"
Do you think it will work?

That's what they used before plastic was invented. I've seen lots of vintage campers with just them little caps sticking out the side. As a matter of fact my 1986 Airstream had the exact same cap.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Lovedays wrote:
It's impossible tell what size this cap is from the photo. Make sure it is for an "F connector".
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
Lovedays wrote:

they should do greatโ€ฆ I have never seen them beforeโ€ฆ I used the terminator like those linked and just broke the grounding pin offโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

emmysdad
Explorer
Explorer
Corrosion is a killer. I've left a coax cable outside for a winter, and then when i connected it to my Dish, I couldn't do a darn thing, no signal. I replaced the ends and it made all the difference in the world.

The Female end (what you have), will likely have less potential problems than a male end left unprotected.

Cover your ends as much as possible.

Lovedays
Explorer
Explorer
That is a good question hybrid_camper. I don't know that it matters, I can't imagine it being too much of a problem but I think I'm going to cover them just in case.

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We have had our hybrid for about 7 years and it hasn't had any covers as long as we had it. Is it a big deal not having any?
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

Lovedays
Explorer
Explorer

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
If you use the Coaxial Terminators linked just for a cap for dust and water cover, break the center pin off so itโ€™s a cap and not grounding the conductorโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

Lovedays
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies, I guess I could replace them completely but I'd rather not use the flimsy rubber things again. The metal terminators are probably the best short term solution until I find something better. I had seen those before but forgot about them. Thanks!

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Get a couple of these and just cap the ends. Coax end caps
Screw on and screw off. You won't loose these and they won't split and fall off.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
Home depot, in the hardware Section. I have seen rubber boots inside the drawers.

push on and pull off.
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
You need to replace the whole thing. It's really easy to do.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
Radio Shack used to have metal caps that would work for you. If not there then you might try Direct of Dish TV installers. They still use them.
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab