cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bathroom door

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
The sliding door on my AF990 bathroom has come off the track and after looking at it I determined that there are bb like things in the track that have come loose or are missing. This does not appear to be a good idea for a relatively heavy door in a bouncing T/c. Has anybody replaced their track with something else?
9 REPLIES 9

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
Hate to say it but you found "BB's" and didn't connect the dots.
You gotta understand the workings of your camper if you want to keep it in one piece.
Ball bearings are for something right?
New slider will cost you like $20 to replace.
Welcome to camper ownership.
Those were a clue that something was amiss and ...
Easy fix.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
A lot of other AF owners have replaced the tracks with heavier duty versions.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
I bought this very slightly used, and on the way home I noticed bb's on the floor, couldn't figure out why. over time I would find one or two more. Finally the door was not working right so I took it off and the problem was in the guides. I'mnot sure I want to replace the same guides.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 2016 AF990 door works fine. Sounds like someone forgot to secure the door before transport.

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
Hey for what it's worth you dont want to reinvent the wheel. Just replace the slider and be done with it.
What year is your camper?
I have a 2019 990 which we picked up in May of 2018 and it's still sliding just fine.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
JimK-NY wrote:
A heavy door in a TC.

I think we have to find out how heavy is heavy. My door is approximately the weight of 3/4 plywood of the same size. Is that heavy? I think it depends on who is lifting it.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
JimK-NY wrote:
A heavy door in a TC. One has to wonder about the design and the idea of keeping weight minimal for the job. I would throw away the door and hang a nice looking shower curtain.

That's what we did years ago and me or my wife have never missed the door.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
A heavy door in a TC. One has to wonder about the design and the idea of keeping weight minimal for the job. I would throw away the door and hang a nice looking shower curtain.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
My door is on a track as well. You can buy new rollers to ride in the track. I'd just do that assuming the track is still good.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member